Author Topic: O'Dwyer family Emly.  (Read 3984 times)

Offline julia.julibob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Nanny with her mum Maud Amos/Golby
    • View Profile
O'Dwyer family Emly.
« on: Friday 13 October 06 17:10 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help? My grandad Timothy O'Dwyer came to England sometime in the 1920's. He was born in 1911. I know that he came from Emly in Co Tipperary, but have no idea of how to find out any more. His father was Michael O'Dwyer, and I have just been informed that Emly is actually in Co. Limerick! I have also been told that Heffernan is a very important name in the family and was quoted "Heffernan O'Dwyer", but I can only find people with Heffernan as a surname!

Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction (without having to get on a boat and cross the Irish Sea  ;D)

Julia
DWYER/O'DWYER (Tiperrary, Ireland/Tonbridge, Kent) SHILLING (kent), HIDER/HYDER (Sussex), TOMPSETT (Brenchley), GREEN (Paddock Wood/Capel/Hertford/Essex), AMOS (Surrey/Kent),GOLBY (Surrey/Sussex), LUCAS (Kent/Sussex), LYNE (Lewisham/Catford/Kent), PEACOCK (Sevenoaks/Edenbridge), BRAZIL/BRAZILL/BRAZEILL (Surrey/Kent/Sussex/Cornwall/Hants)

Offline letty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: O'Dwyer family Emly.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 October 06 20:10 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help? My grandad Timothy O'Dwyer came to England sometime in the 1920's. He was born in 1911. I know that he came from Emly in Co Tipperary, but have no idea of how to find out any more. His father was Michael O'Dwyer, and I have just been informed that Emly is actually in Co. Limerick! I have also been told that Heffernan is a very important name in the family and was quoted "Heffernan O'Dwyer", but I can only find people with Heffernan as a surname!

Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction (without having to get on a boat and cross the Irish Sea  ;D)

Julia
Hi Julia...Have you looked further in Tipperary, place like Caher, there are O'Dwyers in Knockgraffon and other parts of Caher in the mid 1800s.I have come across Heffernan connected to my own research there. regards Sheila

Offline karolde

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 July 14 12:23 BST (UK) »
Julia,
Please email.  Will gladly share all family info with you.  Need info on Timothy's youngest brother, John, born 1915, and believed to have gone to England.
Also need info on Michael and his siblings.

(*)

Karol

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 July 14 12:31 BST (UK) »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emly

Link about Emly, Co Tipperary

Offline karolde

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 July 14 12:38 BST (UK) »
The deceased in this case died on 5 November 2009.  We need to know if any of Michael's siblings were alive on that date.  Also need to know if John (born 1915) was alive on that date.  If you email me, I will give you the solicitor's details and give you the particulars of this case.

Karol

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 July 14 12:43 BST (UK) »