Author Topic: George Haskett of Ballina (1827 - 1882)  (Read 13571 times)

Offline dhaskett

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Haskett of Ballina (1827 - 1882)
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 14 August 14 12:52 BST (UK) »
This is interesting:

Looks like Mary Anne and her mother Margaret were living together in Bridge Street in 1901:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Clare/Killaloe/Bridge_Street/1084398/

and Hanna was living with her father Thomas and her brother John in Thomas Street in 1901
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Clare/Killaloe/Thomas_Street/1084591/

Both streets are very close to each other - were Margaret and Thomas separated?

Offline mrspryz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Haskett of Ballina (1827 - 1882)
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 17 August 14 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi David
Thank you so much for your replies regarding the Moloney/Haskett connection. My father, Sean (John)  Hogan has never mentioned anything about his mother Hanna receiving an inheritance from her Margaret Moloney’s (nee Farrell) bachelor brothers. I wonder if he didn’t know about it.  Dad does however recall living at the “cottage” in Cullinagh but he is not clear on how long he lived there. He left Ireland to join the Air Force in 1946.
When I was a child, our family took a trip from Ontario Canada, back to Ireland to visit Hanna….I believe it was in 1962…in the old home movies we have of that trip my sister Kathleen is a toddler and she was born in May 1961. We stayed with Hanna at the cottage in Cullinagh. Dad talks about fishing with “Flan” on that trip.
I am curious about the mystery letter from San Francisco. It was written in 1945, so it couldn’t be from Bridget Haskett(nee Moloney) could it, as she passed away in 1924.   This is a quote from Re: George Haskett of Ballina (1827 - 1882)  “Jennie (Bridget) Haskett died at 3.30am on 8th Feb 1924, aged 48 years. Cause of death was Cerebral Hemorrhage, which appears to have been brought in by 4 years of Chronic Interstitial Nephritis (Inflammation of the kidneys). Her funeral service was held at All Hallows Church and she was buried with her husband in Holy Cross Cemetery, Colma. On her Funeral record, her spouse is listed as Patrick Haskett and her father as Thomas Moloney.”
Shelagh