Author Topic: Frederick Daughy INFORMATION NEEDED  (Read 755 times)

Offline Michael ONeil

• RootsChat Member
  • O'Neil with 1 L
    • View Profile
Frederick Daughy INFORMATION NEEDED
« on: Thursday 23 October 14 13:16 BST (UK) »
Frederick Daughy buried 7 Sept 1881 Calvary New York age 8.
Section One West, Avenue V, Plot #3, Graves 10, 11, 12.

He's buried in my ancestor's family plot but I've no idea who he is as he doesn't appear anywhere. And I mean anywhere - zip all in the census and nothing in the death indexes!!!

Anyone dig anything up?
Surnames: O'Neil, Beechinor, Ames, Dickers
Locations: Clonakilty, Cashilisky, Fourcuil, Ringroe, Knuckskagh, New York City, Ohio, Canada, Liverpool.

Offline sbny357

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Daughy INFORMATION NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 October 14 20:44 BST (UK) »
In the NYC death index there's a Frederick Danahy, d. 06 Sep 1881, age 8 mos., cert. #395509.  That may be the one you're looking for.

Steve

Offline knort33

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 October 14 21:07 BST (UK) »
If you have the names of other people in this family, please post them so that additional clues for research might be found.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 October 14 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Knort33,

Michael has researched the O Neil family in New York, quite extensively.  If you check back at some previous posts - you will find the name was O'Neill

Here is a link to one post in particular - the reference to the grave location comes about reply 9 when you look at the link given for Angela (Ames) O'Neill on find a grave.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=637594.msg4929123#msg4929123

Hope this helps.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Michael ONeil

• RootsChat Member
  • O'Neil with 1 L
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 October 14 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies.

I'd seen that one Steve and have applied to FamilySearch for the certificate - the 8mos thing worries me though. I know it could be a mistake from 8yrs but it still doesn't explain who this is.

I haven't got the details to hand at the moment but a plot of 19 graves was bought by Joanna Good and the following day there was 3 or 4 re-burials including her husband George who'd died 4 mos earlier. I know these must have come from other plots at Calvary as one of the re-burials was for William Dickers and Calvary originally gave me the original location for him. It looks as if Calvary in my original request didn't have his re-burial details - it was only when I applied for the interment list for the plot that he appeared here too.

Names are Good, Beechinor, Dickers, Carroll and O'Neil all of whom are part of my tree. Except Frederick Daughy - hence my request.

PS the name was O'Neil it was just that Angela Ames-O'Neill has been misspelt.
Locations: Clonakilty, Cashilisky, Fourcuil, Ringroe, Knuckskagh, New York City, Ohio, Canada, Liverpool.

Offline Michael ONeil

• RootsChat Member
  • O'Neil with 1 L
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 October 14 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks - further to this I dug out what I received from Calvary. All of them apart from Frederick Daughy are family members. I know that the four burials 4-8-1869 are re-burials as I have their death dates which pre-date this date and original grave details. I've handwritten the age 45 for Anna M. Goode as I have her birth info.

Hope this helps.