Author Topic: Japheth & Mary Cuke  (Read 6387 times)

Offline MyHowells

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Japheth & Mary Cuke
« on: Monday 18 November 13 16:11 GMT (UK) »
 I have a Japheth Cuke 

Burial  28 Apr 1847  Age 77

Llanybydder, Carmarthenshire, Wales 

Could anyone tell me if they have a record of his wife Mary Cuke who died before the 1841 Census.

Also where is this Church?

Many Thanks

Offline everlea

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Japheth & Mary Cuke
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 November 13 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi - don't know if you've seen it, but there's a photo of church & info by Googling name.

Regards

Everlea.

Offline MyHowells

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 November 13 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Many Thanks Everlea.

Offline everlea

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 November 13 09:02 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome!

Everlea.

Offline ksalc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 January 15 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My name is Susanne Cook, Japeth and Mary Cuke are my GGG Grandparents.

I don't know if you have found any further information regarding Mary, I may be able to help. I have found her on the 1841 census living with her eldest son Benjamin they are listed as Cook she is 55 born 1786 and the address is Ebbw Vale Iron Works, Bedwellty Manmoel.

Not sure how the name changed to Cook, but I have also found the gravestone for Benjamin, in Cwmavon he died aged 47.

Getting back to Mary, I have located her on the 1851 Census.  Year of birth 1783, age 68 listed as a woollen worker.  She is living with John Davies aged 19 and his wife Elizabeth aged 19. Mary is listed as Mother in Law, but I believe this should be Grandmother in Law, as I think Elizabeth is Mary Grandaughter, Elizabeth being the daughter of Sarah Close, who is Marys eldest child. 1851 Census address in 17 White Hall Llanwenog Carmarthen.  Mary was born Llandyssul, Cardiganshire.

I hope this helps if you haver any further information, please can you pass it on to me.  If I can help further please let me know.

Last of all do you know that Japeth was born in Barbados.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Susanne

Offline MyHowells

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 January 15 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi How clever you are finding Mary, I was convinced she had died before Japheth in 1847. I have looked up the info you gave and you are indeed right, seems Mary left with Benjamin for some reason. Benjamin appears to be the only one to change his spelling to Cook. I have a few certificates of Japheth`s death , his marriage cert also Sarah`s marriage and a few of her children`s birth. I am not sure how we would share email info without putting it on line, must be a way. Will dig things out today.
Regards Chris

Offline ksalc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 January 15 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris. I am very please to hear from you today.

I wonder why Mary and Japeth were not together in 1841, he is listed on the Census with the Same Elizabeth as his wife 10 years later.

I have only managed to trace 3 children from Japeth nd Mary.  Sarah, Benjamin and Samuel(my GG Grandfather. Who moved to the village I am living in.  Have you found any further children.?

Where are you living Chris?  I have the marriage certificate for Japeth and Mary, also Benjamins and Samuel's, I don't have Sarah's, also get some others.

Who are you related to?

Next mission to look for Mary death, so far I have failed.

Look forward to speaking again.

Regards

Susanne

Offline ksalc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 January 15 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris,

Just seen that you have certificates for Sarah, so presume you are related to her.  She moved around a lot. 

I have a copy of her son Thomas birth Certificate. 1.2.1849. He is buried in the churchyard where I live,  I also have a photo of Sarah's grave don't know if you have this.

Can you work out how to share this info I am happy to give you my details, don't know if I am allowed to do so on this site.

Regards again

Susanne

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 January 15 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Susanne and welcome to rootschat.  Now you have made three posts you can use the rootschat personal message system to exchange information

Click on the tiny square box to the left of the persons rootschat name and a message form will appear for you to use.

Mike