Author Topic: Looking for my Loddon Ladies - Jillings  (Read 9352 times)

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for my Loddon Ladies - Jillings
« on: Sunday 10 August 14 08:49 BST (UK) »
Help please Norfolk

Father was Lewis John Jillings from Thetford, then farmer at Bridgham, a bit of time in London, after in Lodden - doing what and living in Bungay Road.
Mother (my side) Dorothy Turnbull, of Sunderland, died Loddon in 1920, followed by husband a year latter.

My Two Ladies:

Doris May Jillings, who married Charles.L. Beaulieu in 1920 in Wangford ( just before mother died) .
Shows up again in 1927 & 1930 When Canadian Army sent Poor Ronald's ( her brother's) Medals to her , then living - 115a Carlyle Road South Ealing London. Then death in Norwich 1969.

Even less on Gwendoline, Married Henry M Cornish of Hackney, in 1921 1b 944, then death ALSO in Norwich 1982 .

What happened to them, did they have children, and how did they both end up in Norwich?

Further back info on this Jillings family can be found on Durham Forum under :

"Tammy married her daughter off - Ellington Family"

Important notice : To avoid boring you silly, go straight to pages 26 & 27

Best

John 1935
Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)
Macaire. Eusebe. Boitel. Beaulieu. Gordon. Tillman. Fear. Wood.
 ( London/ Middlesex & Devon )

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for my Loddon Ladies - Jillings
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 August 14 09:20 BST (UK) »
Usimg FreeBMD, looking for Births, with a surname of Beaulieu, and a Mother's Maiden Name of Jillings throws up 5 births from 1920 to 1935.

But I can't see any births for Cornish-Jillings?

I'll leave you the fun of looking them up for yourself! ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 August 14 10:05 BST (UK) »
Uhm

That looks like a good start, thanks and will have fun, see if I can get it to work for me this time.

Also have never been certain of how to get hold of Electoral rolls, can you help on that one please, the older I get it seems the difficult it gets searching !!
Best
John 1935
Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 August 14 10:23 BST (UK) »
Electoral Rolls are usually held at local libraries, or record offices.
Those for London and Surrey are available through Ancestry.

BUT . . . . they are compiled by address, so you need to have an address to search for! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 August 14 13:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks again

Don't live in U.K. So bit of a problem, think will try Norfolk records office, or maybe there is a Historical Society there.

Best

John

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 August 14 18:20 BST (UK) »
Think these might be the correct children for Doris May as mother's maiden name given as 'Jillings'

It appears that Doris May and Charles, went on to live in Fulham, first before South EALING, as their first son Peter L. C. was born there in the last quarter of 1920, then they seem to have moved to Brentford, when second son Anthony .M.  was born in 1923, thereafter they seem to have stayed in Brentford, ( so where South Ealing came into it I don’t know, unless the Canadian Army were given the wrong address, and that could be the reason, why I saw Ronald’s Medals up for auction in Canada ! )  The following three children were all born in Brentford – Derek. J in 1926, then the two girls – Sheila .M in 1931 and Audrey .A. in 1935 (3a 335).  Mother Doris died in 19 69 age 76 yrs in Norwich Norfolk.

Best

John

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 August 14 18:25 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD shows you the Registration District that the births were registered in.

Each Registration District consists of a number of parishes!

Brentford RD contains/contained the parishes set out here:
http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/brentford.html

So it would be perfectly possible for the family to be living in South Ealing - and the births registered in Brentford RD. ;D

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 August 14 05:37 BST (UK) »
...It appears that Doris May and Charles, went on to live in Fulham, first before South EALING, as their first son Peter L. C. was born there in the last quarter of 1920, then they seem to have moved to Brentford, when second son Anthony .M.  [Would that be Anthony M. J.? - living in London, England in 1964] was born in 1923, thereafter they seem to have stayed in Brentford, ( so where South Ealing came into it I don’t know, unless the Canadian Army were given the wrong address, and that could be the reason, why I saw Ronald’s Medals up for auction in Canada ! )  The following three children were all born in Brentford – Derek. J in 1926, [living in London England in 1965 - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=35&gsfn=Joseph&gsln=Beaulieu&gss=angs-d] - appears to have married 1950 - Free BMD then the two girls – Sheila .M in 1931 and Audrey .A. in 1935 (3a 335)...
This any help?

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 18:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Westoe

Thanks once again, that has well updated that one, also found that Peter.L.C married in Eastbourne in 1945? but still to find out Who ?
Anthony M.J. seems to have been on London City Electoral roll in 1964 & died in 1982.

Still hoping to hear from LODDEN group, on what Dorothy & Lewis Jillings were doing while living in Bungay Road.

Best

John