Author Topic: Mary Kelso  (Read 5295 times)

Offline Alison Kelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Kelso
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 November 14 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eddie, My name is Alison Kelso and I live in New Zealand. I am trying to trace my husband's family further back than we have been able to do so at this point. The last ancestors we can trace are his great-grandparents Alexander Kelso (1806 - 1857) and his wife Eliza Jane Kelso, nee Templeton (1826 - 1884) who are buried in the Mallusk cemetery, Antrim. They came from Templepatrick. Are there any other descendants of these two who can go further back in either family?

Offline eddiekelso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 November 14 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison,

I'm sorry - these people aren't in my family tree, so unfortunately I have no information about them. If you know their religion/denomination and the area they lived it might be possible to find them in church records.

However, only a small number of church records from the 1700's have survived - you could check in the Public Records Office website (search church records) - PRONI have a Word document "Guide To Church Records" which lists what they have:

http://www.proni.gov.uk/index/search.jsp/search.lsim?sr=0&nh=10&cs=iso-8859-1&sc=&sm=0&mt=1&ha=proni-cms&qt=church+records

If you find the right church, and it is available on microfilm, you could try ordering a copy of the microfilm from your local Latter Day Saints Family History Centre.

Good luck with your search.

Eddie
Kelso, McDowell, Kerr, Gamble, Harkins, Nelson (Kinallen, Dromara - 1st Dromara Presbyterian Church).
Kempton, Artt, Boon, Murray (Cookstown, Co. Tyrone)

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 November 14 14:40 GMT (UK) »
From the Templepatrick Tithe Applotment records see http://www.irishgenealogyhub.com/antrim/tithe-applotments/templepatrick-parish.php#.VGoIHEtk1Zg

Kelso, Alexr.    Townland: Ballynabarnish Year: 1833
Kelso, Edward    Townland: Craigarogan Year: 1833
Kelso, Ephraim    Townland: Ballynabarnish Year: 1833
Kelso, Geo.    Townland: Ballynabarnish Year: 1833
Kelso, John    Townland: Craigarogan Year: 1833
Kelso, Mary E.    Townland: Killgreel Year: 1833
Kelso, Robt.    Townland: Killgreel Year: 1833
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide