Author Topic: Samuel LEGGETT in Wickham Market  (Read 6785 times)

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel LEGGETT in Wickham Market
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 May 11 16:32 BST (UK) »
Also a burial at Charsfield:

Jeremiah Legget aged man buried February 27th 1782

Offline Dissman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 May 11 22:37 BST (UK) »
I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all of the Rootschatters who have so far contributed to my research on Samuel LEGGETT. It is not yet complete but with their help and comments I have managed to fill in a few blanks. I now need to establish details of his marriage to Mary Barnes - thanks Anne for finding her  maiden name. I know of two possible candidates for this, one baptised in Hepworth and the other in Weston Market.

Once again many thanks and keep taking the tablets.

Regards

John
Norfolk - Easto Leggett
Suffolk - Easto Leggett
Derbyshire - Eyre

Offline YourAncestors

• I am very sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 February 14 21:02 GMT (UK) »
I am researching a Samuel LEGGETT. The birth records for a number of his children show that he married a Mary (maiden name unknown) and that the children were born (baptised) in Wickham Market. The known children were baptised as follows:

William - 1815
Jeremiah - 1816
Samuel - 1821
Cornelius - 1822
John - 1824
Isaac - 1826......

Hi Dissman

I have just come across your post and can't help but wonder how you are related to Samuel Leggett.  Perhaps you could PM me.

In case you haven't seen any of my earlier posts (I am a Newbie), I collect vintage photographs with the intention of getting them back to their original families.  A few years ago, I acquired a set of three Cartes de Visite relating to Isaac Leggett.  The one of Isaac carries a particularly helpful inscription in that it gives his precise date of birth and names one of his sons.

I have also just contacted another person through Ancestry in whose tree Isaac also appears.  I'd certainly be very interested to see how you are both related to Isaac.