Author Topic: NZ query about John Arthur Bennett b1873 Kings Co Ireland s/o John and Florence  (Read 13867 times)

Offline Bobi.com

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wow thank you all so much.
An unusual name such as Matear certainly helps . I have so much to follow up on right now.

Lets hope one day I can be proficient enough to help others.
But for now I will continue .....

;D

Offline jackson926

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: NZ query about John Arthur Bennett b1873 Kings Co Ireland s/o John and Florence
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 23:25 BST (UK) »
I have information on John Arthur Bennett's family that you might be interested in.  My Grandfather,
Albert Godfrey Bennett, is John Arthur's brother.  They had two sisters, Frances and Huonida.
Can you send me a private message for more information.

Jackson926

Offline jackson926

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: NZ query about John Arthur Bennett b1873 Kings Co Ireland s/o John and Florence
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 08 August 13 02:50 BST (UK) »
Bobi.com -Thanks for responding to my personal message.  As a  new member I and am unable to reply to your PM until I have  posted three times.  My grandfather was Albert Godfrey Bennett, born December 24, 1876 in Templemore, County Tipperary, Ireland.  He was the son of John Bennett and Florence Emma Matear and he had three siblings - John Arthur Bennett, Frances Bennett and Huonida Bennett.  It is my understanding that John Arthur Bennett was born in Ireland in 1873 and that sometime before 1911 he emigrated to Australia.  Albert Godfrey died in 1926 and his obituary listed him as having a brother in Australia.  Does this confirm any information you have on your grandfather?

Offline Bobi.com

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 08 August 13 19:40 BST (UK) »
Absolutely !!
I am so glad you have gotten back to me.
Yes. One and the same. I was able to get back that far, but then hit a wall.
I have much information and some photos I am willing to share with you Jackson926.
Please contact me again

Bobi

Offline jackson926

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 09 August 13 02:02 BST (UK) »
Bobi, hello again.  I guess were related!  This is my third posting so I will now be able to receive and send private messages.  I also have photos and lots of information I can share with you.  Can you send me a private message with an email address so I will know how to contact you.  Oddly enough, I will be traveling to Ireland in October and one of the places I'm planning to visit is Tipperary.  Our shared information might help in discovering more about the Bennett Family.  Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jackson9/26

Offline rchirst46

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi just wanted to say hello, I have traced the Hirst line for Imeon Hirst Bowerbank, have also added the Matear, Bennett and Harber family to my tree.

Cheers Rod
Hirst, Verney, Kenrick, Cowper, Johnstone, Irwin, Brooks, Platt, Cobb, Davies