Author Topic: Streets Coaches, Hertford.  (Read 12581 times)

Offline Ivor 8888

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Streets Coaches, Hertford.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 October 13 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
Im Ian Street.My Dads name is Michael Street. J R Street and sons (Streets Coaches,Hertford) was owned by my grandad  and was owned by his dad before him.They started out in haulage of coal etc and then moved onto coach travel.We have several pictures of all the coaches and the yard/shop if anyone is interested.

Offline Ivor 8888

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 October 13 22:54 BST (UK) »
More pictures...

Online candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 October 13 23:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the wonderful streets pics. My OH is a bus enthusiast and wants to know what the full registration of the bus that's after the charabanc pic. The bus hes interested in has a reg that looks like UP... The photo has the driver standing next to it holding a wash leather/towel or something.
Thanks
North East of England

Offline michael street

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 October 13 02:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.
I am Michael Street. My Father was John Richard Street who owned "Street,s Coaches. He sold the company in 1970 to "Don,s Coaches" of Bishops Stortford.
  I now live in Thailand, if anyone is interested to get in touch with me Please do so.

Offline wamwig

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 27 October 13 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian and Michael

Many thanks for replying, your personal input and photographs are just what I was looking for. If you have any more I (and probably others) would like to see them.

Candleflame

Being in Hertfordshire that coach registration could be UR rather than UP, Hertfordshire being allocated UR, RO and JH, however looking at it again it is probably more likely to be UP or UF?
Hertfordshire: Parker, Lovick, Smith, Slade, Chapman, Winters, Webb, George, Mapleton, Craft, Tottingham
London: Slade, Maloney, Oldfield
Norfolk: Lovick, Woor, Thurston, Twiddy, Osborn, Crisp
Suffolk: Lovick
Northants: Smith, West, Marriott
Cork: Maloney
Yorkshire: Oldfield

Online candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 27 October 13 08:43 GMT (UK) »

Candleflame

Being in Hertfordshire that coach registration could be UR rather than UP, Hertfordshire being allocated UR, RO and JH, however looking at it again it is probably more likely to be UP or UF?

Hi yes OH was wondering if it was UP which would be a north east reg if they'd bought the coach second hand from someone up where we are.
North East of England

Online candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 27 October 13 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.
I am Michael Street. My Father was John Richard Street who owned "Street,s Coaches. He sold the company in 1970 to "Don,s Coaches" of Bishops Stortford.
  I now live in Thailand, if anyone is interested to get in touch with me Please do so.

Welcome to RC. We can only reply here on the threads until you have made 3 posts, then you can use private messaging - bit like internal email. External email addresses aren't made public for obvious reasons. There are many transport enthusiasts out there who would love to see pictures of the old fleets and their history .
North East of England

Offline wamwig

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 27 October 13 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Ah yes I have send both Ian and Michael PM's but guess they cant reply until they have posted some more, personally it would be great to see more photos of the vehicles and the depot if they have some?
Hertfordshire: Parker, Lovick, Smith, Slade, Chapman, Winters, Webb, George, Mapleton, Craft, Tottingham
London: Slade, Maloney, Oldfield
Norfolk: Lovick, Woor, Thurston, Twiddy, Osborn, Crisp
Suffolk: Lovick
Northants: Smith, West, Marriott
Cork: Maloney
Yorkshire: Oldfield

Offline michael street

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 27 October 13 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Ah yes I have send both Ian and Michael PM's but guess they cant reply until they have posted some more, personally it would be great to see more photos of the vehicles and the depot if they have some?
Thank you for replying. My Father died in 1981. The premisis is now in the hands of "Kwik Fit" tyres.