Author Topic: look up for birth  (Read 690 times)

Offline kenandjulie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
look up for birth
« on: Sunday 15 June 14 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hi can anyone give me any info on Philip Flockhart born 1916, we think it might have been Glasgow.

Any help on the family much appreciated.

Best

Ken

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: look up for birth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 June 14 13:10 BST (UK) »
Scotland's People lists the birth of a Philip Flockhart, registered in the Kelvin district of Glasgow in 1916, but unfortunately, the data-protection limits apply so it is not available to view or download.

Anne

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 June 14 22:21 BST (UK) »
Ken, there are two ways for you to get this information. One is to go to www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and order a copy of the birth certificate to be sent to you by post.

The other, much cheaper but perhaps not so reliable, is to ask if anyone who is planning a visit to the Scotland's People Centre would be kind enough to look it up and transcribe it for you.

Unfortunately I can't offer as I live too far away and I'm not planning any more visits in the meantime.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 June 14 07:27 BST (UK) »
Hi all ,

Ken , did Philip marry in Scotland ?
There is a possible marriage 1940 Lanark(shire)  :-\

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 June 14 12:23 BST (UK) »
       And there is another marriage in 1968.      It might possibly be his son by the 1940 marriage.   You never know.