Author Topic: GOLDSWORTHY from Redruth  (Read 14563 times)

Offline eluchans2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GOLDSWORTHY from Redruth
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 February 12 20:39 GMT (UK) »
A James Goldsworthy was the father of my grand mother Lucy
James and Samuel were brothers and copper miners from Cornwall that migrated to Chile mid XIX.
Samuel was about 10 years older than James.
That's all I know from them.

Offline Laurette

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 February 12 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
My side of the Goldsworthys settled in Victoria, Australia.  I wish you luck with your Goldsworthys.

Laurette

Offline GNW189

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 October 14 05:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I see your post about James Goldsworthy and his brother Samuel. I have been in touch with a Goldsworthy descendant in the US who was descended from Delfin Goldsworthy and she said his father was James Goldsworthy.

Delfins sister married an Englishman in Valparaiso in 1914, they went via the US and WW1 in England and finished up in Australia. Her name was Emilia Goldsworthy and she married my Great Grand Uncle Edward Bowden in Perth Western Australia in 1926 after her first husband died. Emilia died in Perth in 1959.

My contact in the US said there was a sister called Lucy and another brother called James. Her birth name recorded in Spanish is Lucinda del Carmen Goldsworthy Guajardo. Through family search I have found others born to Santiago Goldsworthy.

I dont know any more at this stage except that Emilia and Delfin Goldsworthy's fathers name is recorded as Santiago Goldsworthy.

regards Graham

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 October 14 13:57 BST (UK) »
Hi GNW,

I am very sorry but Eluchans email address is no longer working, I have been unable to a new address.

Welcome to RootsChat, I hope that you can find out more about your family history.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline eluchans2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 November 15 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi GNW

I new Delfins as an old man, he was Lucy's (my grandmother) brother, Delfins was married to Betty from New Jersey and lived there for a time. They had a son named Hopper that moved back to Chile, I don’t know of other siblings but it would be interesting to contact them here in the US, I’m in the Boston ares.

Delfin and Lucy had another sister named Susana that my mother use to mention all the time.

Lucy also married an Englishman (by birth only) named Gustavo, (my grandfather) he was born in Birkenhead/Liverpool. Gustavo's father was Daniel Olivares, a chilean navy officer and his mother was Isabella Cosulich de Pecine Leiningen von Westerburg from Austria/Germany/Croatia. Gustavo was very proud of his name.

Santiago Goldsworthy is the Spanish name for James Goldsworthy (same person) and he was from Redruth. I see that an Emilia that was born in 1874 and parents being Santiago Goldsworthy and Rosario Arancibia not the same mother as Delfins, Lucy and Susana that were born about 10 years later and mothered by Rosario Fajardo-Guajardo, same first name.

My grand parents use to travel every year to Europe and I have some pictures of them in front of a house in Redruth that I assume was James native place.

Regards,
Alejandro Eluchans

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 November 15 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Welcome back Eluchans2 I have merged your two profiles together for you.

Regards

Sarah

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 November 15 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Just a comment re this;

In my original post I mentioned that James GOLDSWORTHY and Mary SMITH were married in Redruth in 1852.  He arrived in Victoria in 1853 and then she followed in 1856.  I had been in contact with the person researching Mary's side of the family and he found on their Marriage Certificate that James' parents were James and Mary GOLDSWORTHY.

A 1852 English Marriage Cert would not have a Mothers name.
Only Fathers name and occupation.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline eluchans2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 13 November 15 13:43 GMT (UK) »

Hi GNW

I new Delfins as an old man, he was Lucy's (my grandmother) brother, Delfins was married to Betty from New Jersey and lived there for a time. They had a son named Hopper that moved back to Chile. I don’t know of other siblings but it would be interesting to contact them here in the US, I’m in the Boston area.

Delfin and Lucy had another sister named Susana that my mother use to mention all the time.

Lucy also married an Englishman (by birth only) named Gustavo (my grandfather), he was born in Birkenhead/Liverpool. Gustavo's father was Daniel Olivares, a chilean navy officer and his mother was Isabella Cosulich de Pecine Leiningen von Westerburg from Austria/Germany/Croatia. Gustavo was very proud of his name.

Santiago Goldsworthy is the Spanish name for James Goldsworthy (same person) and was from Redruth. I see Emilia, born in 1874 and parents being Santiago Goldsworthy and Rosario Arancibia, not the same mother as Delfins, Lucy and Susana that were born about 10 years later and mother was Rosario Fajardo-Guajardo, same first name.

My grandparents use to travel every year to Europe and I have two photos, taken in different years of them in front of a house in Redruth that I assume was James native place.

Regards,
Alejandro Eluchans

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 16 November 15 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi GNW,

Hope that you did not miss Alejandro's new reply for you :)

Sarah