Author Topic: when did he move?  (Read 1496 times)

Offline kerry1212

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
when did he move?
« on: Saturday 18 October 14 22:45 BST (UK) »
hi all i am trying to find out when thomas moore moved from belfast to birmingham?  he was born in belfast in 1914 to a daniel and margaret moore he died on the 16th june 1969, i can't find anything about when he moved here or anything else about him i.e wife or children?

kerry
tustin,harrison,blizzard,bradshaw

warwickshire birmingham staffs

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: when did he move?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 October 14 23:24 BST (UK) »
Records aren't kept of people travelling between Ireland and England buit you might be able to narrow down the date a bit if you can find a marriage, children's births, electoral rolls, etc.

Both Irish and English civil indexes are online but with a common name you might have trouble identifying the correct person.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 October 14 11:41 BST (UK) »
Even combining all Daniel and Margaret Moore entries in the irish census 1911 I could not find them living together, which suggests to me they married post 1911. Wrong see later!
One Daniel Moore who might be related in 1918 is living as grocer and confectioner, 225 Ligoniel Road, Belfast see www.lennonwylie.co.uk 

Then I realised I had not looked for a Maggie Moore and so found a missing match on the 1911 irish census http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie 118 Ligoniel Road (part of) (Shankill, Antrim)
a Daniel Moore aged 27 so b about 1884, runs a newsagent with his wife Maggie 27 so b about 1884 they have been married 6 years and have three children the family is catholic which might help for church records in central or outer Birmingham registration areas?

Looking at the 1901 census  see http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie at 14 River Street (Shankhill, Antrim) the entry looks like this could be the young aged 16 Daniel, with his family inc his father Daniel aged 45 and and Maryan his mother

Turning to Thomas Moore born Belfast 1914  a Thomas with those details is on two trees on Genes Reunited, the tree owners are an ‘Oliver’ and ‘Peter’.  To see either tree you would have to join and then ask their individual permission to see their trees  Also on this website looking for Thomas Moore’s death it suggests he was born 1st May 1914 You could get a copy of his birth certificate from GRONI Also on this website  an ‘Agnes’ has a tree that includes a Daniel Moore b Belfast 1890, but I think I would discard this as 6 years out
so I think there is hope in finding more information, the easiest way being Genes Reunited

I also did wonder about WW2, he might have served in armed services etc, so he might have war medals reserved for him see National Archives Kew.  Have you tried Birmingham street directories some might be on line? His death registration Birmingham could mean a cluster of locations around Birmingham
Good luck onwards JimG
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 October 14 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   Building on the reply above on 5 Oct 1905 Daniel Moore married Margaret Armstrong in Belfast (Urban 8) Roman Catholic Church. Urban 8 includes the Ligoniel Road. The fathers' names were Daniel Moore and Thomas Armstrong.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline kerry1212

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 October 14 16:48 GMT (UK) »
thank you very much for your help,sadly not a member of genes :(
tustin,harrison,blizzard,bradshaw

warwickshire birmingham staffs

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 31 October 14 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Look on familysearch site??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.