Author Topic: Look up please - all Scottish  (Read 9966 times)

Offline daisy1942

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please - all Scottish
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi daisy1942,

There is a birth certifcate of a William Henry Walmsley in 1893 at Stewarton, Ayrshire. This certificate can be dowloaded on the  http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Tom

Hi daisy1942,

Have you disregarded the birth certificate I advised you of yesterday. It will cost you 7 credits, and 30 credits cost £7, you can register and have certificate downloaded in minutes. That will prove his parentage etc.

Tom

Hi Tom,
Not at all, sorry if I implied that! I simply meant that I would get that in the near future.

Regards
daisy1942
Casey, Cunningham Burt Glasgow & Ireland,
Dobell, Bridgeman, London
Deavin London and France

Offline daisy1942

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 20:04 GMT (UK) »

[quote author=tidybooks

Hi daisy1942,

There is a birth certifcate of a William Henry Walmsley in 1893 at Stewarton, Ayrshire. This certificate can be dowloaded on the  http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Tom
[/quote]

Hi daisy1942,

Have you disregarded the birth certificate I advised you of yesterday. It will cost you 7 credits, and 30 credits cost £7, you can register and have certificate downloaded in minutes. That will prove his parentage etc.

Tom
[/quote]

Hi Tom,
Not at all, sorry if I implied that! I simply meant that I would get that in the near future.

Regards
daisy1942
[/quote]

Since bought thank you!  W.H. father was a ship steward - seems the sea was in his blood.
Deavin London and France

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hazel,
Regarding the Janet Patrick Stringer who died in 1950. Her first husband was a Samuel Robert Stringer. I can't find that marriage on Scotlands People. Have you looked for her om 1911 Census?
Looby :)

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi daisy1942,

That's good, do you think that this is the correct person you were looking for. Were you able to download the certificate to your printer OK?

There are some articles in the Scotsman, about the escape but did not give names of the fugitives. The Japanese had flags flying from the Singapore newest Cinema, so they knew Japanese forces were on the ground.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline daisy1942

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi daisy1942,

That's good, do you think that this is the correct person you were looking for. Were you able to download the certificate to your printer OK?

There are some articles in the Scotsman, about the escape but did not give names of the fugitives. The Japanese had flags flying from the Singapore newest Cinema, so they knew Japanese forces were on the ground.

Tom

Hi Tom
this William i very promising I think as there is the link to Glasgow again (mother from Glasgow).  Not found the articles kin the Scotsman - could you oblige with a link  or pm me further detils if you'd rather.

Daiy1942
Deavin London and France

Offline daisy1942

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hazel,
Regarding the Janet Patrick Stringer who died in 1950. Her first husband was a Samuel Robert Stringer. I can't find that marriage on Scotlands People. Have you looked for her om 1911 Census?
Looby :)

Hi Looby,

That marriage took place in England - have the details somewhere but not immediately to hand.  Samuel Robert Stringer died Glasgow circa 1905 if memory serves.  She appears on the 1911 census in Glasgow.  Do you know of anyway of checking if she adopted Dad?  Maybe she looked fter him informally for her brother... (think she had one).  Have not reviewed the Janet details in  while sorry

daisy1942
Deavin London and France

Offline daisy1942

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Looby & Tom,

Having a minor problem with Scotlands people - have an imge from previous searches and cannot get it all on the one page to mke it easy to read - forgotten how  (having blonde moment) help please??

daisy
Deavin London and France

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Oh-oh.
I'm not blonde but I'm a technology dinosaur. Need to think about it.  :)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Have no idea about finding adoption details - sorry. If it was informal there would be no record of course.
But to be honest I'm not convinced there is a connection other than the Janet's middle name being Patrick and her married surname being Stringer.
Her parents were wine merchants. They lived on the opposite side of Glasgow from Maryhill circa  1911. Of course people can move home and areas. But when Janet dies (she is registered with her second married name btw) she is living not that far away from her 1911 home on the opposite side of Glasgow from Maryhill.