Author Topic: Ancestry of David James of Llandegley/Glascwm (1660-1739)  (Read 7795 times)

Offline Sandra1957

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry of David James of Llandegley/Glascwm (1660-1739)
« on: Tuesday 05 August 14 15:09 BST (UK) »
We have exstensive knowlege know here in the USA, about this lineage. I would like to know now if we have any relatives still there in Wales. Daivd married a woman with the last name Mortimer..they owned the *soith* (Roger Mortimer) earl of March..I believe it was a hunting ground. Anyway David James owned a Mill in Radnorshire. He was a Quaker and left with a Mr. Davies and William Penn to Pennsylvania. He was also in prisoned for not addressing the catholic church. Thats what we believe why he left Wales. It was a dark history. I would love to know more. I am sure we are related to many more people yet to find. Any help would be appreciated. I was adopted and found my biological Father who is a James. I have lost alot of history and know very few relatives. Thanks of any help you can give

Offline Sandra1957

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry of David James of Llandegley/Glascwm (1660-1739)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 August 14 15:28 BST (UK) »
I found out that we are related to Davies, Lewis, John, and Meredith.

Offline avrilw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry of David James of Llandegley/Glascwm (1660-1739)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sandra

I have William Lewis who married Esther Ann Davies from llandegley in Glascwm in 1827. William Lewis' father was also William Lewis a soldier and a shoemaker.
I cannot find a baptism for Esther Ann Davies anywhere. She was born around 1807-1812. One person thinks her father was also a soldier but I cannot verify this. Can you help at all?
Incidentally William Lewis Jnr migrated to Pennsylvania where he died in 1870.

Avril