Author Topic: KIBBLE marriage lookup please  (Read 2904 times)

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KIBBLE marriage lookup please
« on: Sunday 27 December 09 21:05 GMT (UK) »
HI
     I'm looking for the marriage between thomas kibble/kebble and Mary surname unknown. they had a son Robert christened  in hawling 1740 sorry that's all i know about them

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: KIBBLE MARRIAGE LOOKUP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 November 14 14:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
It seems that 5 years is a long time to wait for a reply to a post, so I thought that I'd have a go.
The parish records (PRs) date from 1677.
Source: Glos Archives (GA) PFC 171 IN 1/2 1 (microfiche) & PMF 171 (film), St Edward, Hawling, PR, 1732-1812:-
"Robert the son of Thomas & Mary KEEBLE his wife of ye Warren Lodge House ye parish of Hawling January ye 18th"
"John the son of Thomas & Mary KEEBLE his wife May ye 22nd"
"Betsy or Betty the daughter of Thomas & Mary KEEBLE November (date indistinct).
I intend having one further go with the actual parish record (PR) and have pre-ordered it from GA for inspection next Saturday, and will get back to you with anything further I find.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 November 14 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Victor
                         I can't believe it was 5years ago i put this post on, don't time fly by.
 Wayne

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 November 14 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wayne,
Source: Glos Archives (GA) St Edward, Hawling, PR
I have now checked the PR and can confirm that the daughter baptised in 1736 is Betty.
I found one further baptism as follows:-
"Mary the daughter of Thomas & Mary KIBBLE, baptised November 12, 1752"
Victor
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 November 14 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wayne,
I failed to mention that I did try and find a marriage for Thomas & Mary KIBBLE without success.
The adjoining parishes are Sevenhampton with Charlton Abbots, Hawling with Withington, Dowdeswell and Andoversford with The Shipstons and Cold Salperton and Withington also commonly known as 'The Coln River Group of Parishes. A lot of parishes to check! More than I can offer. A paid researcher perhaps?
The only other thought is to check https://familysearch.org/
Victor

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 November 14 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again victor. I'm having trouble trying to work out which Robert kibble is my ancestor,
 There is that Robert from hawling baptised 1740 and i found a Robert kibble baptised in 1742 elkstone son of john and Mary kibble.
my Robert married Deborah randle in churchdown 1767 where there had 3 children thomas,Mary and Elizabeth. Robert's wife Deborah died1795 in churchdown can't find a burial for Robert which might give his aged so i can work out which baptised is his.

wayne

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 November 14 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wayne,
I can confirm the marriage of Robert KEEBLE to Deborah RANDLE at Churchdown, 5th November 1767. Unfortunately, a PR lookup is unlikely to reveal anything further. Even the baptism entries will draw a blank.
Victor

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: KIBBLE marriage lookup please
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 August 15 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor
             I just seen the marriage entry for Robert keeble and Deborah Randal. she sign with a x and Robert signed his name keeble, so i guess i should be following the family in Hawling.

Wayne