Author Topic: O'Keefe / O'Keeffe - Cardiff, Wales  (Read 14634 times)

Offline jananne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'Keefe / O'Keeffe - Cardiff, Wales
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 April 14 10:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks Darin 

I hope this is the right ones  matches up will have to check this out  . Family have not mentioned any other family names   a Thomas  but it could be a second name .
Are you able to  find what occupation Edward had  . on his daughters m certificate   states he was clerk  . I have a Edward Okeefe in NZ Electoral Voting Rolls in Auckland 1896  then no more  in the next .Nobody in the family knows when the OKeefe family went back  about 1900  my thoughts to Wales
Where can i find the information about the mentioned Okeefes this is a great find   .
thanks so much

Offline mazzie74

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 April 14 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Unfortunately my ancestry subscription has expired so I am unable to view Edward's occupation.

Maybe one of the other rootschatters can help.
i'm betting if this the right family, then the James Regan (aged 22 - lodger) is Mary's brother.
Are you sure Edward and Mary didn't die in New Zealand?
If the Edward on the census is right, then there are no Edward Keefe's (or variant  spellings) that died in Glamorgan that would be the right age.
Do you know for sure the family lived in Auckland?
Thanks,
Darin.
Mazzei/Mazzie - Stazzema (ITA); Cardiff; Bristol.
Bernardi - Tuscany (ITA); Cardiff; Boston (MA);
O'Keefe/O'Keeffe - Cardiff.
Svombo - Cardiff; London.
Mahoney - Newport; Cardiff.
Bugeja - Malta.
Godden - Faversham; London; Northumberland.
Harris - Deal; Gillingham.
Morris - Ramsgate; St. Lawrence; Gillingham.
Stupples - Broadstairs; Ramsgate.
Lamb - Elswick; Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Todd - Berwick; Burradon; Dudley (NBL).
Houston - Sunderland.
Gibson - East Holywell; Cramlington (NBL)

Offline jananne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 June 14 04:25 BST (UK) »
Yes they are mine   I had been given wrong information .  now have the print out  , have posted again  wed 25  june  with the   birth dates  the family b in Wales  their b entries can be found in Free BMD.or.uk Glamorganshire  Wales a very good site .refer to my last post 1 just need a family connection to follow on to the trail .

Thanks very  much Darrin  Glamro was also a huge help  all was  much appreciated.

Offline jananne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 June 14 04:28 BST (UK) »
sorry i didnt add to above  the  parents and siblings never came to NZ  only Margaret about 1888-89

Offline Michelle Grant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 March 19 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Can you help me solve a 101 year old family mystery??

So, My Great Aunt (adopted) was Patricia Wallace born 1918 29a Mill Street in Caerleon, Newport. She was born Patricia O'keefe and was the illegitimate daughter of Elizabeth O'Keefe a Municians worker in Newport.

Patricia's Birth Cerificate has Elizabeths name and address and then there is listed as the informant Elizabeth O'Keefe mother and the address is different to where it states thats she is the mother (that address is 217 Chepstow Road, Newport)...

So, I want to trace this family line and try to solve the mystery about when Pat was adopted in to the Wallace family - as yet I cannot find any formal documents.

Also there was a family rumour that she had an affair with Wallace and that was why he adopted the baby... as he had five children of his own (although only two older sons living at this time).

We want to work out which O'Keefe family Elizabeth was a part of, and more about the Christening - not sure where those records would be?

I would be really interested to hear if anyone can match our Elizabeth with any records or information that you have :D

Thanks in advance,

Michelle

Offline mazzie74

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 March 19 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Ill have a look to see if I can see anything
Bugeja - Malta.
Houston - Sunderland.

Offline mazzie74

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 March 19 22:54 GMT (UK) »
I can see she died in Cardiff in 1959 aged 41 and her name is given as both Patricia O'Keefe AND Patricia Wallace
Bugeja - Malta.
Houston - Sunderland.

Offline jananne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 07:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Michelle
My Husbands OKeeffes  spelling is correct  , i am having to correct the information i was given  .I understand  as in NLI  Fermoy     Cork  Townland Labacally   1841  B Edward OKeeffe , Mary Regan i understand b 1843 . A marriage i have  names are written in lattin  1858    2 daughters b to them in Cork   no research has been done for them  Mary  Elizabeth  , this family moved to Merthy Tidfel Wales   about 1860  4 more children b 3 sons  1 daughter  Margaret   1871 who is my late husbands grandmother . The family all came to NZ on the ship Forfarshire 1875   to Auckland . 1 son William Drowned  age 17yrs 1884    2nd daughter   Elizabeth  died 1887  Mary the wife nee Regan  died 1896 all are buried in one ,the Catholic Graves Symonds Street Auckland NZ , Mary the eldest  d 1898  she had married .Edward OKeeffe  no death record for him in NZ 1895   Elect Rolls  last information for him,Family information given was wrong  , they under stood Micheal 2nd youngest had gone back to Ireland  , proved wrong he died in Auckland 1946 his information entry at the undertakes records    father Edward OKeeffe  mother Mary Regan  her mother  Mary Morrison    Cork . Patrick i havent researched    ,I believe the death record for  a Edward Okeeffe   1900  Dublin may be our Edward who went back .,  the Micheal  as family had been told had gone back  untill i had the real proof he didnt .. So many  Edward OKeeffes  ,, Reading an old reply    on the Wales census form 1871  James Regan  lodger was Marys  brother .So apart from Patrick and Margaret  OKeefe m Charles Gordon 1892  Napier  NZ only family  i know  about .

Offline Michelle Grant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I should have said Newport, wales :D thanks for all your help :D