Author Topic: Confused - McQueen/Thomson Families from Argyll/Paisley - help please  (Read 12095 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Confused - McQueen/Thomson Families from Argyll/Paisley - help please
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 13 November 14 02:48 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if this might be them?:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XYQH-KVZ

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 13 November 14 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Robert and Catherine Clark and family seem to still be in Paisley in the 1861 census - living in Gauze Street but Catherine has birth year transcribed as 1815. There are master and mates certs for a Daniel Clark b Paisley 1837 which could be their eldest child. I cannot see any further census entries for this family. Might they have emigrated?

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 14 November 14 18:46 GMT (UK) »
We are stuck for now, aren't we guys  :-\ Need to rethink where now with this all don't we...

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 14 November 14 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica. Yes I think that is about all for now. Many thanks to you and the others for the help. I couldn't have done it without you all.

I would be interested in finding Matthew Rowan's death and possibly the missing four children that Margaret McQueen had, possibly with Matthew. But it's not something that I feel the need to actively persue (or ask others for help with). This is the family of a friend and as long as I have the direct line I am happy for now.

The only other thing is to find Donald McQueen's birth and death in the hope of going back further on this line. But although there only appear to be a couple of Donald McQueens in the Killarrow area, there doesn't seem to be a birth or death for him there.

It is possible he was born and died elsewhere.  :-\ But it could be too much of a challenge to find him.

Thank you all again .... I am very happy with what you have found for me.  ;D