Author Topic: William Day Lithographer London  (Read 15250 times)

Offline JHS3007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Day Lithographer London
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 April 09 22:29 BST (UK) »
I am interested in the Day family as my mother-in-law was a Day (and W.G. Grace's niece!), but I have not, so far, been able to find the parents of the first William Day (1797-1845). Can anybody help?

I do have some information on Caroline Bellini (William's wife) and her family and am more than willing to share that.

JHS3007

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 April 09 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hi JHS

I have not looked for Wm. Day's parents, but I certainly can help you with the descendants of two of his chn William and John Bellini Day.

I have sent a you a personal message.

Keith Australia.
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Offline JHS3007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 April 09 04:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith

I am not able to send personal messages until I have posted another message but thank you for your reply. The complexities of the Rees, Pocock and Day relationships make study of these families a fascinating, but at times frustrating, exercise. This, however, only helps to make each discovery, even if it is relatively unimportant, something of great moment.

I have managed to acquire a great deal of information on the Days, starting with William (1797-1845), but I have nothing earlier than him. My work on the Pococks is less complete but I am attempting to find a link between George Pocock, the schoolmaster and inventor of Bristol and Nicholas Pocock, the painter, and so back to the Pococks of Berkshire. The Reeses I traced back to Wales but no further.

As it appears as if we have a number of mutual interests I hope we will be able to work together so that we both can achieve our goals.

Cheers

John, New Zealand.

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 April 09 05:07 BST (UK) »
John,

You should be able to use my email address that I forwarded to you.

Have you got a lot of information from the Chris Sheahan's site?

Do you know of the Rees Family History book of 1991?

I have just made contact with 3 new contacts in Eng not previously known to us.

Looking forward to see your second name to see if I have it already listed.

Keith
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.

Offline JHS3007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 April 09 23:23 BST (UK) »
Keith

Thanks for your message. I think we have been in touch before when I was hunting the Rees connection. I have extracts from the Rees history book given to me by Rees descendants in New Zealand.

As far as I can recall I have not seen the Chris Sheahan web site, but then I have only recently found out what a powerful tool we have in the internet.

Cheers

John Scott

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 05 April 09 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

Yes, you are on the computer; however, thanks to groups like RootsChat, a lot more information has been uncovered and is developing.

As soon as you can contact me directly, please do so, and I will fill you in.

Plus,  I would welcome an extra hand. For example, I did not know that William Day's wife was Bellini.

Regards,

Keith

Offline metz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 April 09 11:37 BST (UK) »
Agnus Day, her sister Marian Grace Day married W.JGordon(editor of Boys Own)and writer of many books.
W.J.Gordon is my husbands gt gt grandfather
I have found a note in my paperwork that Mabel Gordon and James Day(personal surgeon to Lord Roberts in Boar War)were cousins and married to each other

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, There is an entry in Holden's Directory 1811 for a William Day Printer 13 Goswell Street.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 27 April 09 03:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you Metz and Jennifer for your responses.

Metz, I will send a personal message with some Day information.

Regards,

Keith Aus