Author Topic: DAWSON  (Read 5702 times)

Offline mothermacree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
DAWSON
« on: Tuesday 18 March 14 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for any information really on the DAWSON family of Rathoe County Carlow. I visited Ireland last year and amazingly found family graves of my GGrandfather's brother and family at St Patricks Church graveyard at Rathoe County Carlow. I spoke to the post lady at the post office on the day and she said there was a JOHN DAWSON Auctioneer at Tullow that was related to those graves. If anyone knows of this person or family I would love to make contact please. The grave at St Patricks contains my GGrand Uncle Daniel Dawson and his brother James (or William) Dawson came to Australia with his sister Julia (Judith) and emmigrated.  I would really like to hear from anyone knowing anything of this family.. James Dawson's parents were Margaret Hines (Hynes) and John Dawson, their children were Bridget, Bernard, Daniel, James (William), Mary, Thomas and Julia (Judith).  The headstone for Daniel Dawson at St Patricks mentions his wife Annie Dawson nee Watchorn, Margaret Bridget Fitzgerald (nee Dawson) who married John Joseph Fitzgerald, their son James Jospeh Fitzgerald and a daughter named Elizabeth but not sure whose daughter she was. There is also a monument for a Seamus Fitzgerald who I have no idea who that is and also a Sir Charles Alfred Langdale who I am unsure of also...any help with this would be enormously appreciated.

Cheers
Scotland: Stewart/Robertson, Buttars, Goodlet (Dad side) Sinclair, Pitcairn (husb lines)
England: Pepper, Albous, Lambkin, Edwards (Mum and Dad side) Pryor, Ramsbottom, Scorgie (my sons' lines) Turner/Turner-Jones (husb lines)
Ireland: Dawson, Cook, O'Brien, Murphy (Mums side)
Finland: Johnson/Johansson, Worstein (Dad)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: DAWSON
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 08:51 GMT (UK) »

Hello there,

Have you thought about writing a letter to John Dawson ?

Here is a link to his address and email and there is even a nice picture of John :)
http://www.realestatealliance.ie/our-offices/office-details/?oid=100

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DAWSON
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, do you have any timeframe for the people you are seeking? Dates would help,Kim