Author Topic: Reddin family of County Cork.  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Jency

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Reddin family of County Cork.
« on: Saturday 03 August 13 20:41 BST (UK) »
My late lovely Dad told me that his mothers family came from County Cork, maybe to be exact  Cobh then called Queenstown.

Anyone know of a Reddin family at the beginning of the nineteenth century in this area please, especially a John or John Joseph Reddin.

Thank You.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Reddin family of County Cork.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 August 13 21:57 BST (UK) »
to try and put a more specific time frame on it was his mother married in ireland,born in ireland or the daughter of irish emigrants and when was she married to try and get an approximate age.

Offline Jency

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 August 13 16:21 BST (UK) »
Hi dathai,
thank you for your help. I have no birth certificate for my great grandfather, John Joseph Reddin born approx 1860. He doesn't seem to be recorded on the English 1881 census, but appeared in Manchester, married Julia Bradley, July 1881 then sailed alone from Liverpool two months later for Australia. My paternal grandmother was born approx 11 months later in  Staffordshire with her maternal family. JJR arrived back in Dublin some years later, remarried and died in Dublin in 1942. Dad was always certain that JJR's family were from Cork.
Any more guidance would be gratefully received.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 August 13 01:07 BST (UK) »
Hi in 1901 census Ireland www.nationalarchives.ie there are 23 Reddin surnames recorded in county cork
In Griffith valuation mid 1850's www.askaboutireland/griffithvaluation there are 21 surnames Reddin recorded :)

Offline a reddin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 June 14 11:26 BST (UK) »
Hi I am a Reddin living in Dublin,born here,my ancestors are the ones that didnt leave and go abroad during
the famine,,,in my searchs i have come across a John Joesph Reddin 1862,born Dublin baptised haddington rd church st marys,father was Thomas Reddin?He comes up as having children in 1892 in dublin with teresa shiels......Is he your JJ Reddin!!!???