Author Topic: George Bradshaw  (Read 1404 times)

Offline lindy46

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Bradshaw
« on: Thursday 24 April 14 08:51 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me trace a George Bradshaw. I think he was born in Fermoy in 1862. His father was James Bradshaw who was serving in the  English  army and his mother was Honora Gubbins from Fermoy, they were married in 1862 in Fermoy eventually leaving Ireland  for Wales in the early 1870's. I assume that the 1871 census was destroyed as I can find no trace of it and as yet have been unable to find George 's place of birth. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Lindsay, Cleminson, Vannen, Headly, Wall, Smith, Knight, Forster, Hearing, Watson, Winship, Wood, Gray, Curry, Shields, Young, Wilkinson, Johnson, Rodham, Allison, Kirkby, Moore(s), Gregory, Ellison, Wilkes, Cowin, Quine, Connor, Cannell, Crow, Corlett, Crain, Ormerod, Higham, Dootson, Christian, Vaughan, Caine, Curghey, Gigg, Trunfull.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Bradshaw
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 April 14 09:39 BST (UK) »
His sister Ellen Bradshaw was born 25th July 1864 in Fermoy
Civil cert
Ellen Bradshaw
Birth 1864
Fermoy
Vol 14 page 725
a copy of this cert might lead you to church records for her brother born before civil registration started in 1864.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 April 14 15:06 BST (UK) »
Several trees on Ancestry with photos of George some have him born in England and some Ireland another child born Cambridge Barracks Ireland was his father married before ?

Offline lindy46

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 April 14 08:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help - I am sure Ellen's Birth details will shed some light on the birth whereabouts of George. As far as James being married before, I have found no trace of a previous marriage but do you have a name of his other child born in Cambridge Barracks?? The census are very confusing because as you say one says George was born in Ireland, two say he was born in Hereford and the third says he was born in Manchester. As his father James was in the army I suspect he did travel around a great deal but to have three places of birth!!!!!
Lindsay, Cleminson, Vannen, Headly, Wall, Smith, Knight, Forster, Hearing, Watson, Winship, Wood, Gray, Curry, Shields, Young, Wilkinson, Johnson, Rodham, Allison, Kirkby, Moore(s), Gregory, Ellison, Wilkes, Cowin, Quine, Connor, Cannell, Crow, Corlett, Crain, Ormerod, Higham, Dootson, Christian, Vaughan, Caine, Curghey, Gigg, Trunfull.