Author Topic: Re: Golden or Golding, search for Margaret  (Read 1895 times)

Offline isanor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Golden or Golding, search for Margaret
« on: Wednesday 23 April 14 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am trying to find information about a Margaret Goulding, born about 1786. She appears on the English 1871 Census as the mother of Edward Golding, and is then age 85. I cannot find an English Death cert for her.
There is a Death registration in Ireland, Civil Registration, Death Index 1864 - 1958 for a Margaret Golden, age 96, born about 1787, death registered in Cork in 1883.
In the 1841 English Census for Staffordshire I have found Margaret listed along with a Thomas Golding, born about 1821 and a John Golding born about 1826. (No relationships are given).
In the Irish Deaths I have found Deaths for Thomas and John with birth years that match the 1841 Census.
I have no idea where Margaret was between 1841 and 1871, nor have I found any other information about Thomas and John in the English records.

If anyone can help here  I would appreciate it greatly
Thank You
Isabel
Scottish roots - Chapman, Whyte, Hunter, King or Keen, Jenkins, Mcconkey (and variations), Dickson, Smelle, Sutter
English roots - Golding, Lopez,Harris, Henderson, Scott, Freeman, Stanton

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 April 14 01:19 BST (UK) »
You can obtain a photocopy of Margarets death for 4E www.groireland.ie if you have the Vol no & Page no it will help :)
  Death Reg District Cork Volume 5 Page 92
Hi
I am trying to find information about a Margaret Goulding, born about 1786. She appears on the English 1871 Census as the mother of Edward Golding, and is then age 85. I cannot find an English Death cert for her.
There is a Death registration in Ireland, Civil Registration, Death Index 1864 - 1958 for a Margaret Golden, age 96, born about 1787, death registered in Cork in 1883.
In the 1841 English Census for Staffordshire I have found Margaret listed along with a Thomas Golding, born about 1821 and a John Golding born about 1826. (No relationships are given).
In the Irish Deaths I have found Deaths for Thomas and John with birth years that match the 1841 Census.
I have no idea where Margaret was between 1841 and 1871, nor have I found any other information about Thomas and John in the English records.

If anyone can help here  I would appreciate it greatly
Thank You
Isabel

Offline isanor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 April 14 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hello
Thanks for the information. I have looked at the GRO website but can't see how I can get a photocopy. All I can find is the instructions on how to buy the certificate at 20 euros. I think I have the information needed as the transcription is on the ancestry website but seeing the original might help if it contains more information.
Getting to the GRO office in person is not possible as I am in England
Many thanks

Isabella Golding
Scottish roots - Chapman, Whyte, Hunter, King or Keen, Jenkins, Mcconkey (and variations), Dickson, Smelle, Sutter
English roots - Golding, Lopez,Harris, Henderson, Scott, Freeman, Stanton

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Golden or Golding, search for Margaret
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 April 14 18:31 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=599538.0

The first post on this thread explains how, you can also order using a combination of fax for the order, phone for card details and email for receiving the cert.