Author Topic: Margaret (Gretta) Croley nee Kelly born 1900, Kilmore, Carrick on Shannon  (Read 3336 times)

Offline wscroley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret (Gretta) Croley nee Kelly born 1900, Kilmore, Carrick on Shannon
« on: Monday 04 February 13 10:57 GMT (UK) »
My uncle, Victor Stuart Cro(w)ley, married Margaret Kelly in 1943 in Cork.  She was also known as Gretta and she was a nurse.  She was born in Rushport, Kilmore, Carrick on Shannon in 1900, lived and worked in Cork and died in the Sacred Heart Hospital in Carrick on Shannon in 1982.  Gretta was one of 8 children, her youngest brother was William Kelly (1911) and her parents were John and Margaret Kelly.  I am looking for information on the Kelly family as Victor and Gretta had no children and Gretta's relations are the only ones who might be able to answer questions about them as I never met Gretta and only met my Uncle once, when I was 3 years old.  I would love to know why my father and his brother never kept in touch even though Victor and Gretta lived in London for 8 years, only 15 miles from where I lived as a child.  Any info gratefully received.
Stuart, Scott, Crowley, Hosford in Cork, Limerick, Tipperary Ireland

Offline majellica

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret (Gretta) Croley nee Kelly born 1900, Kilmore, Carrick on Shannon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, I just came across this.  My Dad is Gretta Kelly's nephew.  He would be happy to help you in any way he can.  If you reply to me here, I will pass it on to him.

Offline wscroley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hello, I was so pleased to hear from you and possibly be able to find out some information about my Uncle Victor, Gretta and my father (William Stuart Croley).  When my father died in 1964 my mother wrote to the address she had in Belvelly for Victor but of course the letter was returned 'Gone to England', because by that time Victor and Gretta were living in London.  By the time Victor and Gretta died we had moved several times and any letter would not have been forwarded. I have found the grave of my Grandparents, Victor and Gretta in the cemetery of St Luke's Church in Douglas, Cork.  I was very sad to see that both Victor and Gretta were still alive when I was of an age to visit and get to know them both and find out the answers to so many questions I have about them and the family.  I do hope your father will be willing to communicate with me.  Deirdre   
Stuart, Scott, Crowley, Hosford in Cork, Limerick, Tipperary Ireland

Offline majellica

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 00:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Deirdre, ill PM you my Dads email address. I've filled him in and he's happy to help!