Author Topic: James & Sarah VENABLES - Cheshunt  (Read 22496 times)

Offline Hollylianne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: James & Sarah VENABLES - Cheshunt
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 08 September 12 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hiya

Thank you for heads up on this facebook group.

It is certainly interesting and definitely worth another look.

Hollie
ramsay - paisley, brock - glasgow, brackenridge - Scotland, thomson-Scotland, richardson- Scotland, mcclure- Scotland, raeside - Scotland, brown - Scotland, borland - Scotland, mckeller - Scotland, caton - essex, Cross - Navestock/Mount Nessing, moseley- london/staffordshire, mcneil, davies, harper, blake, fitzjohn, steer, kennington, venables - cheshunt, ward, cook, pavey

Offline Hollylianne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 08 September 12 13:05 BST (UK) »
  What I have is:  Elizabeth Ballard, daughter of William and Ann Ballard, born 1807 Cheshunt, Christened 7 Apr 1807, died ABT 1867 - married BEF 1824 to George Venables

Hiya

I am a little concerned about this message, as I have different information regarding Elizabeth Ballard.

I have Elizabeth's parents as William Ballard and Mary and their other children included: John, Ann, George, James, Thomas and Charlotte. Charlotte married William Venables (George's brother).

I look forward to hearing from you, so we can clear this discrepancy up.

Hollie
ramsay - paisley, brock - glasgow, brackenridge - Scotland, thomson-Scotland, richardson- Scotland, mcclure- Scotland, raeside - Scotland, brown - Scotland, borland - Scotland, mckeller - Scotland, caton - essex, Cross - Navestock/Mount Nessing, moseley- london/staffordshire, mcneil, davies, harper, blake, fitzjohn, steer, kennington, venables - cheshunt, ward, cook, pavey

Offline flutterbymusic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 21 February 14 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I feel I have something to add.

I have a birth certificate for an Emma Wilkinson - no father listed, born at Pan Tile Hall (or pantile) in 1976, previously mentioned as a household for some of the Venables in this thread.

I have come to the conclusion that the father must be one of the Dysons, most probably James William Dyson. They were neighbours in 1871 and James is at Pan Tile in 1881.

Emma went on to marry Alfred Ruskin, the son of Jane Ballard, daughter of John Ballard, b.1790 - sibling of Elizabeth and Charlotte (who married the Venables brothers) and son of William and Mary Ann.

Offline Hollylianne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 31 March 14 22:46 BST (UK) »
Heya!

Thank you so much for that update. It does sound good. I'd love to hear more and possibly have a copy of the certificate if you are willing to share?

Are you also connected to the Venables? I look forward to hearing from you (please PM me).

Many thanks

Hollie