Author Topic: HAINES Family  (Read 9168 times)

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: HAINES Family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 November 08 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,

By coincidence I was researching the PENNYFATHER family when I saw this posting.  However, I will have a further look at the Bramfield PRs on my next visit to HALS.

Regards   ...   Peter
Census information is Crown Copyright http:/www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,

Found the following in the Bramfield PRs.

Baptisms.   
07Jun1846 - Fanny bn.17May1838,  Caroline  bn.20Apr1840, Jane bn.16Jul1842 and George bn.14Jan1845.
13Aug 1848 - Gregory
29Sep1850  - Christopher
01Oct1854   - Edwin (2yrs of age) and Clara
24Jul1859 Emily.
All entered as ch/o Christopher and Caroline of Bacon's Farm, Bramfield, occ Farmer.
Their eldest, Henry, was baptized on 07Oct1836 at Hertingfordbury, when they were recorded as living at Cole Green and Christopher a bailiff.

Marriage.
28 Jan1864 Caroline 23 spinster a farmers daughter residing at Hertford d/o Christopher HAINES a Farmer married by licence to Henry TUCK 25 bach a Publican of Hatfield s/o Benjamin TUCK a brewer. Witnesses Fanny, Christopher and Jane HAINES and Margaret Anne TUCK.

Burials.
20Feb1867 Edwin age 14,  04Jun1878 Caroline 66, 21Apr1881 Christopher 71, 25Sep1924 Christopher 74 and 13Jun1924 Fanny 66. All recorded as at Bacon's Farm, Bramfield.

Not a bad catch. 

Regards   ...   Peter

Offline sft456

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Peter, a 1000 thanks, as they say every little helps.

Christopher was very young at 26 to be a bailiff.

Did you obtain these records at County Hall? (HAL?) I ask because I would like to see if any further marriages for the males, Henry George and Gregory, can be unearthed in the hope of extending the tree or whether they married in their wife's neck of the woods.

Arthur must have moved to London/Surrey and I am assuming Christopher and Elizabeth had no children (m 1/6/1890 Hertford)

Incidently Arthur appears not to be mentioned. He was b Dec qtr 1846, was he baptised?

Does HAL have Parish Records for the whole of Herts?

Regards

Jane

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,

My apologies to Arthur and yourself, he was baptized 29Nov1846 at Bramfield.

HALS holds records on film for most parishes in the county.  I searched those for Bramfield as promised and also one entry from Hertingfordbury, based on the info I picked up from the 1851 census which showed that Henry was born at that point.
It is the case that Henry married Mary Ann CANNON in the Sep quarter 1859 somwhere in the Hertford registration district, possibly Tewin, as the 1861 records the family living there,   Henry 24 a dealer, Mary Ann 23 and daughter Caroline 7mths both born Tewin Gate.  The 1871 records them at the Woodmans Cottage, Tewin, with three daughters and Henry as a pig dealer.

The IGI records the bap.of Mary Ann CANNON d/o William and Lucy Maria CANNON on 21Aug1837 at Tewin.  Also three children of Henry and Mary Ann - Caroline Maria 09Sep1860, Mary Jane 04Oct1867 and Fanny 01Aug1870 .

Perhaps this will give  you a bit of a start.  If you need any help, just shout!

Regards   ...  Peter

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 17 November 08 16:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,

I can now confirm from the Tewin Parish Records that Henry HAINES 23 bach a dealer of Tewin s/o Christopher Haines a farmer and Mary Ann CANNON 22 Spinster of Tewin d/o the late William CANNON a farmer were married by licence on 24Aug1859. Witnesses Alfred PUTTIER, Sarah CANNON and Caroline HAINES.
The 1837 baptism is confirmed by PRs and there was also Emma HAINES (Mary Ann's sister) at the same time.

Regards   ...   Peter

Offline sft456

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 19 November 08 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this info Peter

"The 1837 baptism is confirmed by PRs and there was also Emma HAINES (Mary Ann's sister) at the same time"

Didi you mean Emma Cannon, Mary Anne's sister?

Jane

Offline petercornish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 19 November 08 20:00 GMT (UK) »

Yes Jane, it should have been  Emma CANNON.  My apologies.

Regards   ...   Peter

Offline Brdtrd

• RootsChat Extra
  • So many mysteries - so little time....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 13 July 13 16:54 BST (UK) »
Re: Pennefather - I am researching that name, specifically Captn Charles Edward Pennefather of Co
Wicklow, Ireland - Rathsallagh was his estate in Ireland but he also lived in Sussex UK.
Crawford: Dublin
Bird: Kent/Dublin/Canada<br />Challen:
Sussex/Dublin<br />Meekings, Cakebread, Bird, Stowe: London <br />Doherty, Hartnett, O'Leary, Doran, Nolte: Ireland/Canada <br />Profit, Blamey, Johns, Curgenvin, Fulpit, Ball: Cornwall
Brown:Herefordshire/Wales/Cornwall/Canada
Jones:Shrewsbury/Wales/Ireland/Canada
Pennefather: Ireland/Sussex,UK

Offline bluesnose67

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 17 August 14 10:01 BST (UK) »
Charles was my great grandfather and his daughter Christina Eva was my maternal grandmother.