Author Topic: Frederick George Rogers  (Read 2648 times)

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frederick George Rogers
« on: Saturday 28 April 12 17:39 BST (UK) »
Frederick George Rogers born 1845 Midsomer Norton was a blacksmith. He Married Elizabeth Minty at Dilton Marsh in Wiltshire in 1867. They had seven children Elizabeth, Ernest George, Alice, Lily, Kate ,Charles and Wiliam.
His wife died 17th December 1882 from a diabetic coma.

Frederick then emigrated to US of A sometime after her death with all his family except Ernest George.  Not recorded in 1891 Census.
He married Alice ? (b  Hoxne ,Suffolk c 1860) and is shown in the 1901 Census living in Leeds with his wife and daughter Ethel.

Can anyone please help on date of departure for America, and destination; date of return and any details of his wife and daughter (where married and where daughter born)

I believe he died in Dewsbury c 1918, but what of his wife Alice?
His daughter Ethel married Fred Brook in Huddersfield in 1911.

Any leads appreciated.

radstockjeff
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick George Rogers
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 April 12 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you looked at the entry for the family in 1911,  I am afraid we are not allowed to do look ups on this census.

From the free index
ROGERS FREDERICK GEORGE M 1845 66 Huddersfield
ROGERS ALICE F 1861 50 Huddersfield
LYNES ETHEL MABEL F 1891 20 Huddersfield

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 April 12 19:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rosie99. Thats some interesting info. :)

radstockjeff
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 January 14 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Since my original query I have determined that Ethel was born in Manchester Virginia c1890.
Frederick , Alice and Ethel returned to the UK before 1901 but I am still trying to establish when and by which boat/ship and place of disembarkation.
Can anyone please help?
Thanks

radstockjeff

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 July 19 15:51 BST (UK) »
I am still trying to establish when he emigrated and married Alice but subsequent research has unearthed this extra piece of info or maybe supposition.
Frederick's sister Mary was living in Golcar around 1885 and it is possible that as his son Fred (Ernest) also went to live in Huddersfield that he himself took off form the West Country to live and work in Yorkshire.
At the same time Alice Lines (Lynes) was working as a domesetic servant for Dr David Robertson in Dalton (near Golcar) but as indicated previously they were not evident in the 1891 Census so had probably emigrated by then.
Any further leads appreciated particularly regarding his time in Manchester Virginia, his marriage and Ethel's birth details.