Author Topic: Cant find marriage of John Pollard and Elizabeth ? must be between 1861 and 1871  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cant find marriage of John Pollard and Elizabeth ? must be between 1861 and 1871
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 December 13 00:49 GMT (UK) »
A Public Online tree (by Alison Jordan plus a couple of others) show that John Pollard did indeed remarry to Eleanor Ley (or Lay).   No-one seems to have got the marriage details from his first marriage so nothing further known re. Esther Elizabeth Jones - except one shows she died 1884 Exminster Hospital but the closest death entry I can see is a plain Elizabeth Pollard died Jun.qtr.1885 St. Thomas regn. district (which covered Exminster) shown as bc.1842.   If her, then John remarried pretty darn quickly as his remarriage to Eleanor was in the same quarter!   I guess being a mariner he needed a new wife pretty quickly to look after his young children.

Looks like the only way to proceed with the 'Jones' aspect is to purchase the 1867 marriage certificate as can't find any details online.   

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Griffl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cant find marriage of John Pollard and Elizabeth ? must be between 1861 and 1871
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 December 13 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks all!
Has been most helpful  :)
Yes I agree I shall try and order the certificate after Christmas,
Ill let you know what happens
Once again thank you :D

Offline allibaker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.n
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 December 13 15:50 GMT (UK) »
interestingly i see daughter elizabeth pollard born c 1870/1871 is a domestic servant in the household of a lady called sarah ley 68yrs in 18 broad street barnstable presumably one of the new step family? in the 1891 cencus
regards
alli
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.
somerset- quick,baker,stephens,atyeo,rowswell,callow,marks
durham- marshall,fairbairn
worcestershire- stephens,bishop
gloucestershire - stephens
middlesex - chesney