Author Topic: Death Dates for John Thomas and Sarah Thomas of Caerbegin farm five roads?  (Read 10929 times)

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Dates for John Thomas and Sarah Thomas of Caerbegin farm five roads?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 17 May 10 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hi blodyn tatws

Sorry to hear you will be going into hospital, I hope all goes well. If you have contact details for Iona Edmunds (e.g. a postal address) that you p.m. me I don't mind writing to her. I did write to Caerbigyn farm (addressed to the "Thomas" family as I don't know the names of anyone currently living there) just over a Week ago now, but I have had no response yet.

roycymru

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 30 May 10 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

The family at Caerbigyn got back to me and there is no direct link with my Thomas's. They bought Caerbigyn from Jane Thomas (a daughter of John and Sarah Thomas) in 1945 and they are linked to the Thomas's of Cold Blow farm with no link to my line. This ties up nicely with some info I recently found out, in that William Thomas (Jane's brother, also living at Caerbigyn died in 1945) and I guess after William's death she decided to sell up. According to my Uncle, both were unmarried and after William's death Jane went to live in "Havod" Five Roads.

ER Cof
Am WILLIAM mab
RICHARD a MARGARET EDMUND
Caerbigin or Plwyf hwn
Ganwyd ef Mawrth 26 1835
Bu farw Gor 12 1890
Yllugad am gwelodd ni’m gwelmwyach
Dy lygaid sydd arnaf ac nid ydwyf.
Niddychwel mwy i’wdy ai le nid
Edwyn ef mwy.
Hefyd am WILLIAM THOMAS
Mab JOHN a SARAH THOMAS
O’r lle uchod
Hunodd ebrill 16 1945 un 64 ml. oed
Dy ewyllys di a wneler
Hefyd am JANE THOMAS
Hunodd tachwedd 17 1961 un 84 ml oed
Mewn hedd

Offline blodyn tatws

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 03 June 10 10:13 BST (UK) »
My uncle & aunt bought Hafod in the late 50's early 60's! Think the Thomas' you are looking for live in Trimsaran....my mother may be able to assist. They lived at Tycanol...which was sold due to open cast mining and is now Ffos Las Racecourse.( sale1976)
If you need any assistance with looking at 3 cemetries in Five Roads, please ask as I'm doing a trawl due to sorting out my complicated family!

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 03 June 10 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi

Jane Thomas dying in 1961 would seem to tie in with this purchase. If you do go to Old Horeb I would be very interested in any other MI's that refer to Edmund particularly William, Margaret and any references to Herberdeg or Caerbrenin farm. However be warned that Old Horeb is particularly over grown and you will need a good pair of boots, some sturdy clothing, gardening gloves and secateurs! The path I forged through there to the Edmunds of Caerbigyn gravestone a couple of Weeks ago should still be relatively clear. There was an (Older?) area to the left of these gravestones which might contain further Edmunds, but this is a pure guess and I ran out of time on the Day.

Thank you

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 November 23 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Revisiting this old thread in case anyone had anything new to add. The link on page 1 is now dead but this is a new link https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/332629?availability=Family%20History%20Library

The extract is below. Certainly if anyone has access to these records then this “ Extract for "Hanes, Sion, Llanelli, 1831-1931, re: Williams of Caerbigyn farm -- Letter of 31 December 1952, re: Joseph Williams, Caerbigyn -- Letter of 18 June 1953 re: Lowicks -- Ann Jenkins Purser” might provide more information of the Williams of Ceaerbygin.

For reference: the wife of Richard Edmund of Caerbygin 1811-1892 was Margaret Griffiths 1807-1861. Her parents were a Jeremiah Griffiths (a Cooper by trade) and Catherine Jones (1759-1841). Catherine, according to her Will was of Brynbiga, and leaves her share in Nantymel, Llwynhendy to her daughter Margaret Griffiths.

Reproduced from typescript.

Contents: These crumbling walls (poem) -- Evan Jenkins -- Anna Evan Jenkins -- Esther Evans -- Genealogy dictated to Uncle John Jenkins by grandmother -- Ann William Jenkins -- David Williams -- Grandparents of Ann William -- Evan and Alice Hawkins Jenkins -- Extract for "Hanes, Sion, Llanelli, 1831-1931, re: Williams of Caerbigyn farm -- Letter of 31 December 1952, re: Joseph Williams, Caerbigyn -- Letter of 18 June 1953 re: Lowicks -- Ann Jenkins Purser -- David L. Jenkins ltr. of 28 July 1941 -- David Jenkins (1843-1915) -- Emma Reese Davis Jenkins -- Joseph and Esther Jenkins Morse -- John Martin and Ann Jenkins -- Mary William Jenkins, wife of John Jenkins -- Sarah Jane William (Jenkins) -- Joseph W. Dudley -- Mair (Mary) Price -- Daniel E. Price -- Mary William Harman -- Margaret Williams Evans -- Martha Willidms Goddard -- Welsh triads.

Evan Jenkins (1849-1924) was born in Cwmbach, Wales, the son of David Jenkins (1814-1852) and Anna Evans Jenkins. His parents joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1844-1845. He immigrated to Utah with his family in 1868. He met Ann Williams while working in Tootle County. They were married in the Endowment House in Salt Lake City in 1875. They were the parents of nine children. The family lived on a family in Malad Valley, Idaho. Anna died in childbirth in 1894. He married 2) Mrs. Sarah J. Evans in the Logan Temple in 1903. He died in 1924 at his home in Samaria, Idaho.