Author Topic: North Newington  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Craftyp

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
North Newington
« on: Thursday 31 October 13 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Looking around Oxfordshire searching for people in my tree and wondering which parishes to look into next I cannot seem to see any parish records for North Newington.  Does anybody know as to whether they have not been transcribed or have they been lost or have I just missed them.

CraftyP

Offline Iffley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: North Newington
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 October 13 20:04 GMT (UK) »
CraftyP -
Looking around Oxfordshire searching for people in my tree and wondering which parishes to look into next I cannot seem to see any parish records for North Newington.  Does anybody know as to whether they have not been transcribed or have they been lost or have I just missed them.

North Newington isn't a parish! It's a township - with events recorded at Broughton, which is on the OFHS CD BAN03.

Rather than search different parishes, though - have you considered using the OFHS county-wide databases - see Surname Search Services on the left at www.ofhs.org.uk .

You're always welcome to use the OFHS helpdesk (email and phone) if you have a query about availability of our transcriptions :-)

Wendy
Chairman, Oxfordshire FHS
www.ofhs.org.uk

Offline Craftyp

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: North Newington
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 November 13 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, that explains it why I couldn't find it. Will look into OFHS as you sound very helpful.

CraftyP