Author Topic: Lyttle/Rea - Co Down  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Debbieb257

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lyttle/Rea - Co Down
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 October 14 16:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information provided, it has been very useful.  Would you have any dates of birth for either Samuel, Susan, Archibald or Issac?
Pattie77, Samuel Lyttle and Susan Rea were my great grandparents. Are you still looking for info?

Deb

Offline Pattie77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 November 14 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deb
Many thanks for your message, yes I am still looking for information in relation to Samuel and Susan. I believe that they may have been married in 1919 in May Street and lived in the Ormeau Road area of Belfast? Do you know if Samuel and Susan had children, possibly a daughter called Elizabeth?  If they did do you know any information about Elizabeth, what was her job, where did she live, did she marry and have any children?  Do you know if the family had any connections with Bangor Co Down?
Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
Claire

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 November 14 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   Yes. Samuel Lyttle married Susan Rea in May Street Presbyterian church on 11 July 1919.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 November 14 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Could these entries from http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk have any connections
In 1918 Saml., Lyttle, grocer, 14 Lindsay Street runs  Ormeau Road to Craigmore Street
In 1943 Elizabeth Lyttle 14 Lindsay Street,  also in the street lived two James Lyttle’s one at 27 a lamplighter, the other at No 60 a labourer

Switching entirely to burials https://ssl.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch I searched for Susan Lyttle  I don’t know if the ages are reported in marriages if so that might help check the right Lyttles,. I found an entry for a grave M 112, City Cemetery - Glenalina Extension, it includes
Samuel Lyttle [b ~1884]  83 Yrs buried 15 March 1967
Susan Lyttle [b ~1898] 74 17 March 1972, last address for both 45 North Howard St
there is also a further very young person buried there, whose address was in the lower ormeau rd, so please look up the entry yourself
 Hoping this helps your search
JimG
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide