Author Topic: cantrell of Ashover, Sutton cum Duckmanton  (Read 13005 times)

Offline marp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: cantrell of Ashover, Sutton cum Duckmanton
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 06:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,  I am a descendent of Israel Cantrill/Cantrel and  Ann Hole  who married on 24 June 1681 in Ashover, Derbyshire. I have Israel born on 19 January 1660/61.   Israel died on 29 February 1748 at Holmgate, Derbyshire, England.   Holmgate is very close to Ashover, but may be in the parish of North Wingfield, Derbyshire.

Israel's descendents (my family tree) went on living in the Holmgate area which is in the parish or North Wingfield.

I was really interested Carol in that you had a copy of a will and would be very appreciative if you could either send a copy or transcribe it.   I also think I may have attributed the wrong set of parents for Israel so I was very interested in your notes.   

I will have a look at the web sites you have sent to Debbie and see what I can find out! 
cheers, marp

Offline marp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 06:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Valerie, Israel Cantrill married Mary Hopkinson on 1 July 1716 in North Wingfield, Derbyshire.   They are my direct ancestors.   I have no information on Mary Hopkinson except for the fact of her marriage date.   Could you send more information please?  Or perhaps point me in the direction where I can find it?
  Thanks, marp

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 07:28 BST (UK) »
Morning Marp

If you send me a PM with your email address I will send you what I have on the family.

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk