Author Topic: 1851 Census Lookup- Stone  (Read 1948 times)

Offline cfmshrops

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851 Census Lookup- Stone
« on: Tuesday 25 January 05 16:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I wonder if anyone could look up William Stone in Quarndon Village for me please in 1851. At this time he should have been abt 13/14. Unfortunately am not sure if there was more than one William/similar age.  ???
However, any information may allow me to eliminate some of the ten sets of parents possibilities :D ;D
Many thanks
C
Kearns-Shropshire,Staffordshire and Dublin.
Swann -  Bolsover, Heanor, Notts/Derbyshire
Pugh - Shrewsbury,Shropshire
Stone - Quarndon, Derbyshire.

Offline Ashlee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census Lookup- Stone
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 July 14 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi C,

In 1851 there was only one William Stone living in Quarndon. He was 12 and living with the Gallimore family working there as a servant. There was a Sarah Stone living in Quarndon with 5 children. It is likely she was William's mother as she was the only Stone living in Quarndon that was of an appropriate age (she would have given birth to him when she was around 23). Also, William would have likely been her eldest child, and her being recently widowed would explain why he was living elsewhere and working as a servant (needing to make ends meet!).

I also found him in 1841 aged 3 living with his father George, mother Sarah and sister Jane (aged 1).

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help with just let me know.

All the best,

Ashlee
Rowland family of Youlgreave/Bakewell, Andrew family of Bradwell, Gascoigne family of South Yorkshire and Saxby family of Hull/Lincoln. Families in Bradwell, Hope, Castleton etc. (Hope Valley), Derbyshire.

Offline Ashlee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 July 14 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in 1841 they were living in Duffield.

I also found their marriage. George Stone married Sarah Fowkes on 30 October 1836 at St Peter's Church, Derby.

George was buried on 4 February 1850 in Quarndon.

Ashlee
Rowland family of Youlgreave/Bakewell, Andrew family of Bradwell, Gascoigne family of South Yorkshire and Saxby family of Hull/Lincoln. Families in Bradwell, Hope, Castleton etc. (Hope Valley), Derbyshire.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 July 14 14:15 BST (UK) »
Info above that Ashlee found looks good to me.

Marriage;
22 July 1858, Allestree, Derby, England
William STONE, Father GEORGE Stone
Mary MILLWARD, Father SAMUEL Millward
(Familysearch.Org)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)