Author Topic: Ann Dyer Queens County Ireland  (Read 31994 times)

Offline azmara

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Dyer Queens County Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 December 09 23:58 GMT (UK) »
just realized you probably didn't get the pm I sent as I don't have enough postings!!
So...here is the only info I have so far...
Death cert for Elizabeth DYER..born in Queens Co Ireland ...parents...Joseph DYER. Mary ( unknown surname).Age 79 at death...55 years in NZ....d.1916 in Waimate South Canterbury..buried at Waimate cemetery with her husband John HORGAN...b 1831  d 1913.
They had 8 children John Joseph b 1862
Matilda b 1865 (my gggrandmother)
Ellen b 1866
alice b 1870
Emily Jane b 1872
minnie b 1874
Ada b 1877
Florence Ethel b 1884
They are buried in the Anglican side of Waimate cemetery although John Joseph Dyer is buried in the RC side.??
My grandmother married Michael Murphy and they moved up to Dannevirke in 1906....
Any of this any use to you??
Regards, Mila

Offline RoysSon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 December 09 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi there again Mila.
Interesting. To me it is too much of a coincidence that the names all relate. Will do some checking from my end.
My Anne Dyer from what I have so far dug up doesnt add up. On her wedding Cert the number of years in Nz plus her age at dont seem right. No one on either side of the family have any info on her at all.
Will get back to you as soon as I can via here okay. Your info hopefully will throw abit more light on things  :)

Regards
Rex
Revell Revel Crocker Kingcombe Sarten Richards Goddard Bird Rogers Brough Broe Perham Fennell Faull Cleaver Hawke Hornblow Kingcomb Lye Pepper Scrivener Street Wallace Wood Higgs

Offline danishdots

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 01 April 10 15:09 BST (UK) »
Date of Baptism              Child's name     Father   Surname    Mother                      Abode

6th April 1834      Susan   James   Dyer   Mary      Cappakeel   Labourer
5th April 1835      William   Joseph   Dyer   Mary      Emo village   Labourer & Farmer
9th October 1836      Ann   James   Dyer   Mary      Cappakeel   Labourer
18th June 1837      Elizabeth   Joseph   Dyer   Mary      Emo   Labourer
9th December 1838      Elizabeth   James   Dyer   Maria      Cappakeel   Labourer

I am collating the records of Coolbanagher, Queen's County - there seems to be 2 familes of Dyer

May help you :)

IDanishdots
Coolbanagher (Queens County, Ireland); North Creake (Norfolk); Aarhus (Denmark); Burntisland (Fife, Scotland); Rowlands Gill (Northumberland); Ballycarroll (Queens County, Ireland); Raheen (QueensCounty, Ireland)

Offline danishdots

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 April 10 15:12 BST (UK) »
Forgot to say that there are Higgs just outside Portlaoise - used to be called Maryborough.

Danishdots
Coolbanagher (Queens County, Ireland); North Creake (Norfolk); Aarhus (Denmark); Burntisland (Fife, Scotland); Rowlands Gill (Northumberland); Ballycarroll (Queens County, Ireland); Raheen (QueensCounty, Ireland)

Offline azmara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 April 10 21:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this info Danishdots.
I am pretty sure my Elizabeth is the one on here. She gives her parents names as Joseph and Mary on her death certificate here in NZ.
My very happy thanks to you for posting this.
Have a great Easter.

Offline danishdots

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 23 April 10 20:58 BST (UK) »
 :D Delighted to have been able to help,
Good wishes,

Danishdots

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 24 April 10 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

If you've a problem with the Dyer side of the family - why not follow Danishdots information on the Higgs living nearby in Portlaoise (Maryborough) to see if you can establish a connection.

If the records for that area survive, they may show Maria/Mary's birth and if so, quite likely her marriage as it was common for marriages to be held in the bride's parish.  A search of births and marriages should begin ten years eitherside of when you feel Maria/Mary was born and married.   

Furthermore, if you find her marriage, it may be that this couple lived in the locality, so it would be worth checking to see if any Dyer children were later baptised in the parish.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 24 April 10 20:23 BST (UK) »
From Portlaoise cemetery records there are 4 Higgs interred there, all Church of Ireland
James Higgs; 1921
James Higgs; 1923
Mrs Higgs; 1944
William Higgs; 1961

Offline danishdots

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 12 May 10 08:59 BST (UK) »
Have finished collating the baptisms and burials of Coolbanagher 1801 - 2010.  Will be available from Parish later.

Good wishes,

Danishdots