Author Topic: Linkogel - Hannover  (Read 1416 times)

Offline bellababy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Linkogel - Hannover
« on: Monday 16 April 12 22:02 BST (UK) »
Marie Caroline Anna Linkogel born 21.04.1889 in Hannover Germany - I am fairly certain this is my ancestor who came to the UK and married in 1905 (making her a very young bride - 16yrs old ) although she stated on her marriage certificate to being 23 years old . She also states her name as Marie Karoline Linnenkugel but as alot of the certificate has spelling errors on it I have been a little open minded when searching . I have struggled to find any passenger details for her using the various names .
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bellababy
Wiener/wiener Germany Malchin mecklenburg Schwerin Rostock and Hamburg
Wiles St Neots Cambs / Staffs/ Rotherham
Friedrich Boye Lubeck Germany / Llandudno

Offline bellababy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Linkogel - Hannover
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 April 12 19:48 BST (UK) »
 also LINKUGEL is another name mentioned
Cheers Bellababy
Wiener/wiener Germany Malchin mecklenburg Schwerin Rostock and Hamburg
Wiles St Neots Cambs / Staffs/ Rotherham
Friedrich Boye Lubeck Germany / Llandudno

Online GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Linkogel - Hannover
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 April 12 22:49 BST (UK) »
You are unlikely to find passenger details - no passenger lists were kept for voyages to and from Europe. There are exceptions - where the voyage came originally from farther afield, e.g. Australia via Italy to GB, but this is unlikely to help in your case.

I wonder if naturalisation records might help you? I have no experience of this and it looks as if some of the research would need to be done in person at Kew, but some items are at least searchable online. Here is the research guide: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/research-guides/naturalisation.htm
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan