Author Topic: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland  (Read 59147 times)

Offline Gr8scot227

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland
« Reply #99 on: Monday 19 May 14 17:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for letting me know. I am having a very hard time finding this marriage. I am looking for a Bernard McGrath/Magragh marrying an Ellen Magragh/McGrath somewhere around 1879-1884. They were both from Fermanagh.

Offline Now Voyager

• RootsChat Extra
  • Lynch family looking for Mansfields from Midleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Monday 18 August 14 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there ... I'm hoping that Malcom R Stevens will get back to me. I've been looking in to my family history with my dad who is from Cobh originally. His father, John Lynch, was born John Mansfield in Midleton Workhouse in 1894. John Mansfield's mother was Mary Mansfield, who we believe was the daughter of Patrick Mansfield and Frances McCarthy (Mcarthy). If that's the case, then Mary and Jeremiah were brother and sister and... we're related! We're desperately trying to fill in more of Mary's history and I'd love to hear back from you. Ridiculously excited here! :-)

Jane Lynch
Mansfield
Prenderville, Prendiville, Prendaville
Nagle
Lynch

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Monday 18 August 14 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi there ... I'm hoping that Malcom R Stevens will get back to me. I've been looking in to my family history with my dad who is from Cobh originally. His father, John Lynch, was born John Mansfield in Midleton Workhouse in 1894. John Mansfield's mother was Mary Mansfield, who we believe was the daughter of Patrick Mansfield and Frances McCarthy (Mcarthy). If that's the case, then Mary and Jeremiah were brother and sister and... we're related! We're desperately trying to fill in more of Mary's history and I'd love to hear back from you. Ridiculously excited here! :-)

Jane Lynch

Malcolm R Stevens was last online on Thursday 14 February 2013,but as long as he hasn't changed his email address he will be notified that you have posted here and hopefully will come back online and reply.

Good luck

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Monday 18 August 14 19:16 BST (UK) »

Jane Lynch

Malcolm R Stevens was last online on Thursday 14 February 2013,but as long as he hasn't changed his email address he will be notified that you have posted here and hopefully will come back online and reply.

Good luck

Carol

Hi the only Patrick Mansfield in 1901 & 1911 in Midleton has a wife name of Sarah :)

Offline Now Voyager

• RootsChat Extra
  • Lynch family looking for Mansfields from Midleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 04:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol. I managed to send him a PM so, if Malcolm hasn't changed his email, I'm hoping to hear for him. Cheers Jane
Mansfield
Prenderville, Prendiville, Prendaville
Nagle
Lynch

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 07:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol. I managed to send him a PM so, if Malcolm hasn't changed his email, I'm hoping to hear for him. Cheers Jane
It's good that you've posted here though,as he may pick this up if he googles his family again,whereas he wouldn't find it through a PM,but let's hope he hasn't changed his email address!
Or did in fact register to be notified of postings?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cgertner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday 17 September 14 13:04 BST (UK) »
I posted this in the 'beginners' forum also.

On the 1842 church census on Chaple Street, two Walsh families are listed.  Richard and Edward.  It appears an error was made in the transcription as the families of Richard and Edward are the same.  I am looking for the baptism/marriage/family on a Richard Walsh born around 1814 who married a Margaret Hurley around 1836.   I assume Richard had the following siblings from names on baptismal records from RootsIreland:  John, Ann, Catherine and possibly others [Edward].  I would love to find the baptismal/marriage records for Richard, John and Edward.  Hopefully, it would give the name of their parents.  Any help is appreciated.

Carol

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Thursday 18 September 14 15:48 BST (UK) »
I posted this in the 'beginners' forum also.

On the 1842 church census on Chaple Street, two Walsh families are listed.  Richard and Edward.  It appears an error was made in the transcription as the families of Richard and Edward are the same.  I am looking for the baptism/marriage/family on a Richard Walsh born around 1814 who married a Margaret Hurley around 1836.   I assume Richard had the following siblings from names on baptismal records from RootsIreland:  John, Ann, Catherine and possibly others [Edward].  I would love to find the baptismal/marriage records for Richard, John and Edward.  Hopefully, it would give the name of their parents.  Any help is appreciated.

Carol
hi Carol had a look at church registers in midleton which begin in 1819. No Marriage record there for Richard Walsh to Margaret Hurley. Looking at 1842 Census Chapel Rd it gives Richards wife as Ellen O Connell no marriage record either.
No baptism records with father Richard Walsh & mother Margaret Hurley/Ellen O Connell :)

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Friday 03 October 14 08:07 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I was wondering if you could please  look up two marriage records for me in Midleton:

1. Daniel Roche & Mary Duhig - 18 August, 1823
2. Edmond Roche & Mary Scanlon - 19 August, 1866

In particular I am hoping to find a record if possible of the names & occupations of the father of the Groom's.

Regards,
Alan