Author Topic: Denis Callaghan  (Read 1355 times)

Offline lavender123

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Denis Callaghan
« on: Tuesday 12 August 14 21:02 BST (UK) »
Could anybody help me, the only information I have for my g/g/grandfather Denis Callaghan was he was born about 1824 in cork, as I know that Callaghan is a cork name, I think he was married in cork as his wife hanorah  Callaghan/nee Mahoney. I don't know when they arrived in st George in the east, but their son Thomas was born in wapping about 1861, and married and returned to Dublin, as Thomas is on the 1911 census . Denis Callaghan dies age 55 in 1879. Any information would be appreciated. Denis Callaghan died in wapping. London. Thank you.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Denis Callaghan
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 23:40 BST (UK) »

Offline lavender123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 August 14 10:45 BST (UK) »
Tara.  Thanks. I don't know what  any of the churches mean cork @ Ross  rc parish church, is that where I can purchase a marriage certificate, what district and county, did hanorah and Denis get married, and would I be able to find where Denis was born, by the marriage certificate, I know they didn't have baptism certificates back then etc. thank you.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 August 14 11:22 BST (UK) »
A son born to them Jno (John)Callahan 9 Jan 1847  in same area.
Civil Registration for Catholic marriages Births and Deaths started in Ireland 1864 any thing before this you are relying on Church records.
If you look on Irish Genealogy and see down bottom of marriage or baptism ''view church register'' Click on this to open this is all you will get.