Author Topic: marriage records / church weddings  (Read 1266 times)

Offline lynlyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
marriage records / church weddings
« on: Friday 11 July 14 04:52 BST (UK) »
Howdy,

does anyone know if someone had their wedding in a church if you would find this in the marriage records on familysearch? or would the wedding records be held in church registers and you wouldn't find them in the court marriage records?

im looking for marriage records and I know the year and approx month they got married and im finding nothing I know that a few were church marriages and the others im sure. people who I know for a fact were married at the court house their records appear but it seems like church weddings don't show up? or am I just missing them?

many thanks :)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: marriage records / church weddings
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 July 14 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there

There are some marriage records on Family Search in the South African section.  I have found one or two of my lot there.  It's worth a look

Good luck
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: marriage records / church weddings
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 July 14 19:12 BST (UK) »
Not all of the church records have been scanned yet, which might be why you cannot find them.

If you give the full names of the people you are looking for perhaps we can help.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods