Author Topic: George Stackpool Lysaght  (Read 12000 times)

Offline paulJoseph03

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Stackpool Lysaght
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 September 12 15:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin, I have just picked up your messages in the last few days about George Stacpool Lyssaght. As I understand it William George Stacpool Lysaght headed out to  New York. It is possible i have met another branch of this part of the lysaght family who live in New Jersey. That was in 1992. Would be delighted to get in touch more directly. Regards PaulJoseph03.

Offline apricotnelli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 February 14 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have been looking at the Stacpoole Lysaghts as Elizabeth Lingard was related to me. She was the daughter of Maria Kenny and thomas Lingard of cooga Ruan. Thomas was from the North of England originally was a captain in the Kings borders and served at the battle of Waterloo. Maria Kenny was a daughter of William of Cragleigh my gt gt gt uncle.

Thomas Lingard was in some way related to Professor Blackie of Edinburgh university.

Elizabeth Lingard was from a large family. Her brother William Lingard emigrated to New Zealand where he was a New Zealand Cross holder. Three of her sisters became sisters of Mercy in the convent in Ennis. John Thomas Lingard stayed at Cooga and was a local magistrate. Mary married twice secondly to William Day Murphy and died in Youghal . Maria married John Madigan MD. Alec married in Dublin.
http://www.millsweb.org.uk/Genealogy/showmedia.php?mediaID=491&medialinkID=770
There are other siblings (there were I think 15 children). I dont know a lot about them all.
Thomas and his sons are buried in the C of I graveyard in Corofin his wife in the Catholic graveyard in Ruan. There is a picture of her grave on Clare library website.

rgds
Margaret

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 July 15 20:53 BST (UK) »

Mary married twice secondly to William Day Murphy and died in Youghal .

Mary's first husband was Michael John Staunton.   He was a widower. 

Offline apricotnelli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 December 15 18:07 GMT (UK) »
I have recently been in touch with a DaY Murphy descendant who sent me pix of portraits of Thomas Lingard and Maria Kenny Lingard. Let me know if interested