Author Topic: Canny/Wood  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Bump

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Canny/Wood
« on: Friday 04 January 13 07:31 GMT (UK) »
Dear list,

I am searching for information on an Eliza Canny from Ennis, Co.Clare who married a Lambert Wood on approximately 22/11/1827 in Ennis.
I would love to be able to confirm this date of marriage and a date of birth for Eliza.
Any other information about the family would be gratefully received.
With regards,
Joanne.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Canny/Wood
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 January 13 08:03 GMT (UK) »
You didn't mention a denomination of your Lambert & Eliza , but if they were RC, then the parish for Ennis town is Drumcliff and records are available on the parish website at : http://www.ennisparish.com/genealogy/  Unfortunately marriage records for this parish only go back to 1837, so a little too late for a marriage of your Eliza and Lambert. Baptism records for this parish go back to 1841.

see : Introduction to Irish Records

also worth checking the Clare resources topic at the top of this board and also the Clare Library website.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline yt2

• RootsChat Member
  • Always happy to swap information - contact me
    • View Profile
Re: Canny/Wood
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Joanne

I have an Eliza Canny in my family tree from the same general area. My Eliza was b. 1805,  and was one of 9 children born to Denis Canny and Ellen O'Brien of Clonmoney House. Co Clare. Clonmoney House is on the southern outskirts of Hurler's Cross, a few miles south of Ennis on the Limerick Road. However I don't have much about Eliza and my records show her as marrying Robert Fetherston.

You'll find my Eliza Canny at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=yt2&id=I151

If she turns out to be the Eliza you're looking for, PM me ... I have quite a bit of information about this family.

Good luck

Whitey
I live near Merimbula, NSW, Australia and am interested in the following families
White of Adelaide
Greene of Adelaide
Canny of Co Clare Ireland and Robe SA
Atkinson of Co Mayo Ireland
Ford of St Austell Cornwall and Burra SA
Gibbs of Oxfordshire and Cannington WA
Daley of Carlton Vic and Oaklands SA
McMahon of Marion SA
Denholm of Edinburgh Scotland and Lyndoch SA
Parkinson of Angaston SA