Author Topic: It's Gone Wrong  (Read 10125 times)

Offline gralorn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I Find More Brick Walls Than A Builder
    • View Profile
Re: It's Gone Wrong
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 19:23 BST (UK) »
So am I correct then in thinking that Richard Langmaids mother and father were John Langmaid (Carpenter) and Mary Weymouth Broad and that he was one of six children, three girls, Margaretta, Selina and Matilda and three sons Richard, Francis and Henry. Also that John Langmaid died well after 1821 at the age of 36 as I have recorded on the family history. Is there a date of which John his father did die anywhere?

Your assistance has been most appreciated especially as the error is not such a disaster as it first seemed'

Thank you

Graham
Allard/Allwood/Alwood/ From Suffolk
Wright/Croftwright/ From London
Langmaid/ from Lanteglos By Fowey
Greig/ Banff/ Aberdeen

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 19:36 BST (UK) »
There's a John Langmaid death in 1865 (Sept quarter) in Liskeard registration district (would that cover Lanreath?). No age given though.

Modified to add... possible burial to match in Lansallos parish church on 12 Aug 1865, John Langmaid, aged 71 (estimated birth 1794).
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 19:42 BST (UK) »
Well, well.   Looks like wife Mary died between 1861 and 1871 because in 1871 John 75  Carpenter b.Lansallo is with a new wife Rebecca 42 and has a 6yr old son named Frank.   They are living in St. Veep now - ref. RG10 - 2245 - 67 - 7.

John died Sept.qtr.1877 as LONGMAID.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 20:00 BST (UK) »
Looks like Mary died - also as a Longmaid - in Dec.1858 Liskeard.   John remarried a Rebecca Best in Mar.qtr.1860.   On 1861 census he's knocked some years off his age and says born St. Veep but in 1871 - as already detailed - back to birthplace of Lansallos.   

By 1881 Rebecca living alone (Carpenters widow).   Son Frank d.1874.

Annette
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 20:03 BST (UK) »
thought some of this was ringing bells!

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=616021.0

::)
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 20:05 BST (UK) »
There's a baptism for a John Longmaid in Lansallos in 1794, parents John and Rebecca..
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 20:06 BST (UK) »
the info is on the post I just posted a link to.

;)
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline gralorn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I Find More Brick Walls Than A Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 21:15 BST (UK) »
I feel sure that in my own mind that the John Langmaid who was buried at Lansallos Parish Church on the 12 Aug 1865 aged 71 was the father of Richard Langmaid who was born on the 28 Oct 1818 and married twice to Elizabeth Pearce in 1849 and Jane Anne Lander in 1857. I also feel that the father John Langmaid was married to Mary Wymouth Broad and they had seven children, Richard 1818, Ann 1821, Margaretta 1823, Francis 1824, Selina 1832, Matilda 1835, and Harriett dob: NK. I also feel that Rebecca Best is part of the 'Rich' family and not my side of the Langmaids. This being well I know have to confirm the father and mother of John Langmaid born approx 1794. It'll hopefully sort out this time around.
Regards and many, many thanks for the help up to now, so much appreciated.

Graham the Poor!
Allard/Allwood/Alwood/ From Suffolk
Wright/Croftwright/ From London
Langmaid/ from Lanteglos By Fowey
Greig/ Banff/ Aberdeen

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 16 September 14 22:29 BST (UK) »
I think you are wrong re the 1865 death for John the carpenter, father of Richard.  John, the carpenter was still alive in 1871 with much younger wife. Only one John born 1790's was a carpenter and he was the father of Richard.  The other John born similar time/place was an Ag.lab married to a Susannah and I think it was him who died in 1865.

Annette
London -  Monk