Author Topic: Edgar Henderson's Family  (Read 11028 times)

Offline Dec01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edgar Henderson's Family
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 25 January 14 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Samuel Henderson was my Grandfather, Minnie my Great Aunt never married and brought up her siblings when her Mother died. Samuel had 7 children, my Mother is the second youngest. Let me know if you want any more information

Offline Dec01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 January 14 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Samuel Henderson was my Grandfather, Minnie my Great Aunt never married and brought up her siblings when her Mother died. Samuel had 7 children, my Mother is the second youngest. Let me know if you want any more information

Offline Topspin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 April 14 20:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Dec01. Do you have any information on Samuel Henderson's father, Edgar?
Henderson - Dumfries
Armour - Ayrshire
Blaikie - Aberdeen

Offline Dec01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 18 April 14 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Dec01,

Do you have any information on Samuel Henderson's father Edgar?

He died at sea on the SS Aurora, my Mother seemed to think he was some kind of merchant on it as a tea ship? Though I haven't found anything to support that. his wife I believed turned quite religious, never married again and Minnie my Great Aunt brought her siblings up. She was a Grand Old lady who lived into her eighties and tried hard to teach me piano. She never married and had a stroke quite young and never left the house all the time I knew her. However she read the broadsheets and listened to BBC Radio and could tell you anything that was going on in the world. My Grandfather Samuel died when I was about 3 or 4 and as I said had 7 children. My Mother the 2nd youngest.  Should you require any further information my email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.