Author Topic: James Dalton 1802 Darmstown, Parish Of Ardbraccan  (Read 10300 times)

Offline 1057

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Dalton 1802 Darmstown, Parish Of Ardbraccan
« on: Sunday 17 March 13 20:10 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking information on the family and life of James Dalton born 1802.

His father was Peter Dalton and his mother was Nancy Naulty. They married circa 1778.

I seeking date of death, whereabouts of death of James. Information on his children and siblings.

I can be reached also at

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James Dalton 1802 Darmstown, Parish Of Ardbraccan
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 March 13 19:14 GMT (UK) »
There is a tree online at Roots web for the family of Peter Dalton and Nancy Nulty or Naulty.

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/DALTON/2002-10/1033485412

It gives James Dalton's  marriage to Bridget Brien in 1832.
On www.rootsireland.ie. There is a marriage for James Dalton and Bridget Brien in 1832 - this is apay site you would have to buy credits to download the transcript of the marriage (costs about 4 eu) but it looks promising -
However a search for their children draws a blank. As according to the tree on rootsweb James' brother 
John Dalton emigrated quite early in the 1800's (info from another tree online ) is it possible that James also emigrated shortly after his marriage would explain why there are no baptisms showing.

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 March 13 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Just looked at the tithe applotments for Ardbraccan and there are some Dalton's listed in the 1820's- may be of interest. Link http://tinyurl.com/cga4oen

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline jimlaudie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 21:26 BST (UK) »
As annclare pointed out, there is a good deal known about the descendants of John and Thomas (James' brothers). But we don't really have much more on James. Question is where you are coming from in your search? Are you coming through another branch of the family? Would be good to know what further information you might have that could help piece the puzzle together.

Jim

Offline 1057

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 April 13 02:46 BST (UK) »
Jim and readers:

Some of the offspring of Peter Dalton and Nancy Naulty found their way to Wisconsin.  It is exploratory. 

St Louis Daltons benefitted from barrels of cheese received from these Wisconsin Daltons in the early 20th century. I am searching for the links between families.

John J  Dalton, son of Peter, eventually had his own son John, who begot a Phillip, who died in Wisconsin.   I will be looking for his offspring. 

Interestingly, 'John J' was a naming repeated among St Louis daltons.  Also the name James was repeated in St Louis.

My thanks to Anne Clare

Offline jimlaudie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 April 13 05:00 BST (UK) »
So it turns out that I come through John J. as well. His first marriage was to Mary McGovern and their fourth son was Mathew William Dalton, my great-great gfather. He came west to Utah which is where I live now. Philip was John's son with his second wife, Nancy. Born in 1839, I have that he died in 1859. No marriage that we know of. He's buried in Wyocena, WI.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=67884944&PIpi=40578162

Hope this helps... So where did the St. Louis Daltons come from?

Jim

Offline 1057

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 28 April 13 20:05 BST (UK) »
Well, some I know arrived in New Jersey with the understanding they came from Westmeath.
I understand mine came earlier, probably from Cork, after being in Westmeath. The genetic data is supportive of common ancestry.

Offline jimlaudie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 30 April 13 20:05 BST (UK) »
So I'm curious about these Daltons you know of...the ones who came from Westmeath via NJ and on to St. Louis. I believe that the family we're talking about here of Peter Dalton (father of John J.) may go back into Westmeath prior to Peter. John J.'s son Mathew (my great-great-) went back over to Ireland in 1892ish to do some research on the family. He turned up older names over in Westmeath. While we don't have any definite link from Peter to those names, I'm guessing that maybe he knew the family went back that way. I'm just wondering if you have some of the data on these Daltons you speak of. Might be good to see if there's any link to either Peter or the folks that Mathew found.