Author Topic: Finmere - Hunt Family  (Read 2297 times)

Offline mchistory

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finmere - Hunt Family
« on: Thursday 27 February 14 13:08 GMT (UK) »
I'm a looking for information about the Hunt Family of Finmere.  William Hunt and Charlotte Davis had five children, Elizabeth, Emmanuel, Harriet, Dinah, and William Thomas.  I am a descendant of Elizabeth Hunt, who married Peter Evans. There is already a thread on this site about the family and I would love to connect with those who know something about them.

Thanks!
Leanne

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Finmere - Hunt Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 February 14 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leanne
I would love to try and help you, but please gives us some dates!
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 February 14 16:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Victor and anyone interested in thsi topic some look-ups have already been done on this post

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=137180.0

DebbieG
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 February 14 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leanne
So you figured out how to start a new thread - good for you. We have to be careful that info on the other post is not duplicated though.

I can see William Hunt marrying Charlotte Davis at St Michael Church, Finmere on 6 Nov 1848. They were both 22 he was a Labourer and bachelor, she was a Spinster and they were both from Finmere.
She marked her name with a X. The marriage was after banns and the wits were; Stephen Williams and Mary Williams.

What other info do you want about these 2 and their children or relatives?

If you state what you are looking for we can narrow the search parameters and get specific rather than looking for info you may already have?

Let us all know and we can see whats out there?
Nigel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,

Offline mchistory

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 February 14 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the replies and help!  We're interested in finding out where and when William and Charlotte died, and information about their other children {Emmanuel (1849), Dinah (1854), Harriet (1857) and Thomas William (1865)}, like who they married, their children, where they lived, when and where they died, etc.  The only information we have is when and where they were born.  Would also be curious to know if any of them or their children immigrated to the US. 

Leanne   

PS.  I don't know that I was successful in starting the new thread, as someone had to move it for me  :)