Author Topic: Richard Orford Lamprey  (Read 19423 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Orford Lamprey
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 30 November 13 18:51 GMT (UK) »
sorry i have no leads i found that by googling George Lamprey.

Joseph Lamprey born 2nd June 1782 died 1837 age 54 an alderman
parents marriage in St Catherines 14 Feb 1778 George Lamprey to Sarah Andrews

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 November 13 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Sir,
   You have no reason to be sorry at all. You have provided wonderful information and perhaps
saved my daughter a great deal of time searching in the Dublin City Library. We have been told
that the Cooper family (which married into the Lamprey family) went to Ireland with Cromwell and might have originated in Devon. Perhaps the Lamprey family did something similar. I truly appreciate your input. Bill

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 30 November 13 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Googling Lamprey's of Devon and Ireland brings up a few results and of course lots about the eels and one photo of a present day shop on bachelors walk that was the premises of Lamprey and co in 1850 plumbers,

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 30 November 13 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Two interesting wills for you on Calendar of wills and Administrations
Dorothea Blakeley 1851 wicklow.
George Bulkely Lamprey 1895.

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 30 November 13 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Did you find the Calendar of Wills and Administration on Ancestry.com? Will check that out.
I tried to send you my Lamprey family research information but could not attach it to this web page. It does not accept word documents and it is too long to send as JPG. If you would like to
see it and will send me a direct e-mail address I will attach it to an e-mail directly to you. Unless you are really interested in the Lamprey line it might be an overload of useless data to you. Bill

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 01 December 13 14:34 GMT (UK) »
No disrespect meant but i have no real interest in the Lamprey family i just like to help out with research
Calendar of Wills and Administrations Ireland 1858 to 1922 is free on line. those last two wills i mentioned i found by entering Lamprey in the executors box.

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 01 December 13 16:05 GMT (UK) »
No disrespect felt!  Understand your position and really appreciate all the suggestions you have given. You are most generous. Our daughter Wendy leaves for Dublin tomorrow. She flies for Delta. I am hoping she can check the Dublin city 1851 census though it might only show heads of household. Also the National Library has a wonderful collection of newspapers so she might be able to check there for the birth of Richard Orford Lamprey. There is another office up on Henrietta Street which now has the Registry of Deeds which used to be at Four Courts. In that office are books which give brief descriptions of wills. Not sure how much time Wendy will have. I will try to
search on line for the two references: Dorothea Blakeley and George Bulkely Lamprey.  I did find a George B. Lamprey who died the 4th Qtr of 1895 age 48, Dublin South. This would have him born about 1847. This might be another child of Rev. George W. Lamprey who died 1855. Have a wonderful day. Bill

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 01 December 13 16:56 GMT (UK) »
3rd May 1851
Dorothea Blakeley of Ballintemple Glebe widow deceased on or before 1851 left unadministered by Frances Lamprey wife of George william Lamprey to Arthur William Lamprey ,Laurences st Drogheda the administrator of the said Frances Lamprey deceased.this is just a brief extract as i get very tired writing.
Regards Dathai

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 01 December 13 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Dathia,
   I have been doing actual research for 31 years now, initially by visiting PROs throughout England and Ireland, but not a day goes by that I don't learn something new. Thanks to your kind help I
was able to find and open the Calendar of Wills and Administrations 1858-1922. It is so much easier to read and copy the information from one screen on to another than it was by going to
the Registry of Deeds Office in Dublin. Found so much information, also the fact that Richard Orford Lamprey is an M.D. Did not know that before. Now to find who is. This is like trying to repair a knit wool sweater that has a loose thread hanging out. One thing leads to another etc. etc.
Off to town to buy feed now but thanks to your help will be back searching more wills in a few hours. Bill