Author Topic: Death records for George Lang Wayne County 1927  (Read 778 times)

Offline brussells1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death records for George Lang Wayne County 1927
« on: Saturday 12 July 14 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hello I am looking for help with my uncle George Lang born Hamilton, Scotland 1900 immigrated to the US 1926 on the Transylvania landing at New York in August.  Parents were John Lang and Elizabeth Campbell of Hamilton Lanarkshire. Through records traced on Family Search he is shown to have died 29 May 1927 in Detroit Michigan Wayne. I am looking for the reason for his death, as he was so young, who would have registered it, what his occupation was at the time and whether this was accidental or sickness. Many thanks for any help.
Lang, Campbell, Proudfoot, Bell, More, Macguigan, McAlinden, Young, Hyman, Hayman, Hyndman, McMillan

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death records for George Lang Wayne County 1927
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 July 14 16:47 BST (UK) »
There is information about ordering the death certificate here - http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-4645---,00.html

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 December 16 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am looking for help with my uncle George Lang born Hamilton, Scotland 1900 immigrated to the US 1926 on the Transylvania landing at New York in August.  Parents were John Lang and Elizabeth Campbell of Hamilton Lanarkshire. Through records traced on Family Search he is shown to have died 29 May 1927 in Detroit Michigan Wayne. I am looking for the reason for his death, as he was so young, who would have registered it, what his occupation was at the time and whether this was accidental or sickness. Many thanks for any help.

Hi,

It appears he died from injuries as a result from being stuck by a car.

DC: http://seekingmichigan.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16317coll1/id/306793

Offline brussells1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 December 16 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I received further information and believe he may have been driving the car and collided with another car. Thank you again
Lang, Campbell, Proudfoot, Bell, More, Macguigan, McAlinden, Young, Hyman, Hayman, Hyndman, McMillan