Author Topic: Looking for Edwin  (Read 2229 times)

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Looking for Edwin
« on: Saturday 20 December 14 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Merry Xmas to all  :D
Hoping someone can help me find my great grandfather Edwin Stonehouse on the Electoral Rolls or tell me where to look.(i do not belong to any pay sites anymore)
In 1911 he is living at 7 Pearl Street New Shildon. 1914 when his wife and son die he is still at this address (26/11/1914) He remarries in 1921 to a Mary Cawthorne ( no info on her as i can not afford the cert. Wife number 4) Edwin dies on 16 April 1941 living at 22 Boucher? Street. I do not know when Mary dies and there are a lot of Mary Stonehouse's to pick from so hoping i can trace them through the rolls.
 Thanks for taking the time to read this.
                                  Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Edwin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 December 14 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Did Mary report his death - just so we know she didn't pre-decease him.

Edwins death was recorded in the Durham Western RD and he was 63 so he was around 43 when he re-married

We don't know how old Mary was and if she was a similar age, we can't assume a birth reg as she also may have been married before.  Electoral registers do not show ages

She also may have re-married after Edwins death - there is an 1847 marriage in Durham Western to an Ernest Shaw

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 December 14 00:30 GMT (UK) »
I do not have his death cert only what my Mum told me.  :-\  I do not even know if the street name at time of death is right.The problem is there are so many Mary Stonehouse's. I was hoping to track them through the rolls to give me a idea of where they lived and find out if she did outlive him.
 Thanks for your help
                 Carol

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
and many more.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 December 14 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Just looked up the marriage on Durham BMD to see if it shows any other surname for Mary to indicate a previous marriage but it doesn't.  Nor does the 1947 one to Ernest Shaw

No births to the 1921 marriage or the 1947 one in Durham which doesn't advance us one little bit!!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 December 14 01:12 GMT (UK) »
My Mum's tree has Mary Cawthorne b c 1890 But she had this as his 3rd marriage and i was able to prove it was his 4th. There were not any children from this marriage. All i know for certain is he lived in New Shildon and his church was All Saints in New Shildon
            Carol ( without an "e" )  ;D

and many more.

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 December 14 06:00 GMT (UK) »
Durham Electoral Rolls are not on the Internet. They are at Durham Records Office and the Family History Centre.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 21 December 14 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Well that kills that idea   >:(  Was hoping to find where they lived than trace them on a map.
Thanks for the info
            Carol

and many more.