Author Topic: James Byrne family  (Read 7006 times)

Offline subwest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Byrne family
« on: Monday 28 August 06 02:49 BST (UK) »
I searching for the parish and town of James (1782-1858) & Bridget Byrne (died bef. 1849). They had five children: Patrick (2/1/1820 in Co. Meath-1891), Margaret, Jane, Ellen and Mary. James and his five children emigrated to America in 1849. After one year in Wilmington, DE, they moved to the St. Louis, MO area. Does anyone recognize this family?

Offline ashe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: James Byrne family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 May 07 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Subwest

There are quite a few Burns/Byrne in the Castletown area.

I have a James born in the early 1820's, with siblings Huston b1825, Jane b1829, Rev William of Wexford and John. Their parents were Huston & Elizabeth (Liscoe) Burns, and lived at Yellowleas, Castletown. Some of these emigrated to America abt the same time as your ancestors.

They may not be connected to your James, but it may be worthwhile to check that area.

Regards
Ashe

Tipperary:  Mahar, Haley/Healy
Co Cavan:  Morgan, Glancy/Clancy
Co Meath:  Burns, Liscoe
Co Clare:   Fitzmaurice, Considine, Duggan
Mauritius:  Furlong, Jumo, Berton
Australia:   Latimer, Coringo

Offline seanmhi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 April 13 17:36 BST (UK) »
any idea where in meath..louth/meath?

Offline roderickpaulin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 December 16 23:26 GMT (UK) »
My wife's line comes from the Castlebar, County Mayo area - Michael Byrne (born 1812-1814) came to Canada along with four brothers who moved on into the states (Pennsylvania and elsewhere). He was preceded here by at least one cousin - not positive but it may have been a John Byrne. Michael married Maria Strong - not sure whether in Ireland or Canada.
Anderson-Black-Bone-Brahant-Burnside-Cameron-Cook-Curle-Ferriss-Gilchrist-Gilmour-Goodson-Hahn-Holmes-Hodge-Kepple-Klingensmith-Lane-Laurie-Lounsbury-Malott-MacDonald-M*cGregor-M*cKay-M*cKenzie-M*cLennan-McArthur-McMillan-Meiklejohn-Melvin-Miller-Moir-Murray-Murray-Olding-O'Neil-O'Neil-Pat*erson-Paulin-Pentland-Pidgeon-Plenderleith-Redfield-Robertson-Sexsmith-Shuel-Spark-Steel-Stewart-Thomson-Torrence-Urquhart-Wardrope-Weir-Wilson-Wright.
surnames in direct line - going back 8 generations

Offline pstratil

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 March 20 05:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi: 
Long time since you posted this question and hopefully you have had your answer long before now, but I am the great-great-grandson of Jame Byrne, baptized in 1782 in parish of Navan, Diocese of Meath. 
His son Patrick (my great-grandfather, moved to Missouri and died in Byrnesville, MO in 1891.
His daughter Margaret Alexis became a Visitation num in a convent in Virginia.
His daughter Mary married John McDonnell and died in Texas in 1910.
His daughter Ellen also moved to Missouri and died in Byrnesville in 1856.
Peter Stratil