Author Topic: Daisy Parsons, West Ham Mayor. Photo sought  (Read 897 times)

Offline crozier

• RootsChat Senior
  • The past another country? Where's my passport?
    • View Profile
Daisy Parsons, West Ham Mayor. Photo sought
« on: Saturday 17 May 14 19:26 BST (UK) »
I am trying to get hold of a close up photograph of Daisy Parsons, West Ham mayor, from the Stratford Express of 3/6/37, driving the first West Ham trolleybus down Greengate Street E13. There were at least two pictures taken but the one I'd like to see is the closeup of Mayor Daisy in the driving seat, accompanied by a police sergeant walking alongside and a small crowd...small crowd it being 6.30am. Balaam Street Park is on the left hand side and YMCA building on the right. Daisy was issued a special licence just for that journey
I have asked Stratford Local studies more than once for help, but received no answers.
Crozier
Abbott, Surrey&London. Criswell/Cresswell, Painswick Gloucestershire. MacKenzie, Midlothian&London. King, the Tarrant Valley Dorset&London. Foreman, West Ham. Peters, Bolney/Lewes Sussex&London. Sandgrove, West Ham. Sundgren,Sweden.

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Parsons, West Ham Mayor. Photo sought
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 May 14 20:27 BST (UK) »
Have you seen the other images of Daisy on http://www.newhamstory.com/search

Unfortunately the one you would like is not on there but a nice site.

Regards
Selina
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline crozier

• RootsChat Senior
  • The past another country? Where's my passport?
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Parsons, West Ham Mayor. Photo sought
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 May 14 06:05 BST (UK) »
Have seen it, thanks!

Cxx
Abbott, Surrey&London. Criswell/Cresswell, Painswick Gloucestershire. MacKenzie, Midlothian&London. King, the Tarrant Valley Dorset&London. Foreman, West Ham. Peters, Bolney/Lewes Sussex&London. Sandgrove, West Ham. Sundgren,Sweden.