Author Topic: DOB James Digby  (Read 3594 times)

Offline andrewdigby61

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DOB James Digby
« on: Monday 07 July 14 01:12 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
can you please help

I have a William Digby born in, Belchamp Walters, essex, UK on 1728 married Mary Pool in 1760 at Belchamp Walter Essex.

I need to find William's father, James Digby, DOB & place.

Thanks

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: DOB James Digby
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 July 14 07:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,
You could try contacting the Essex Society for Family History. Family History Societies (FHS) are a valuable resource, usually manned by volunteers, who know their area, and will often do a free lookup. They won't be able to supply a DOB, but should be able to find William's christening.
www.esfh.org.uk
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 September 14 19:23 BST (UK) »
Slightly confused I found your William baptised 05/10/1728 but the only marriage in Belchamp Waters in 1760 is between James Digby and Elizabeth Samms on the 27/07/1760 it is the only marriage in that year

Offline andrewdigby61

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 September 14 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi
william Digby who married mary poole in Belchamp Walters,
He was born in Belchamp Walter 1728
His brother benjamin was born in Belchamp walter in 1739
There Father James married Sarah Beerman in Bocking St Mary Virgin 1729
James was born about 1700 , some say at bocking , but I cannot find it in the register
I assume that he is related to william Digby From Belchamp Walter born 1619, who had 2 sons ,
William & James, & 1 daughter, Mary
Let me know how you go.?

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 September 15 05:56 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm trying to find the origins of James Digby who turned up in Castle Hedingham about 1746 at his marriage, so born sometime around the 1720s. I think he had a brother John, who also married in here in 1758. There is also a Benjamin Digby appearing by the late 1770s who I can't place as a child of either James or John.

I have stumbled upon the records for the Digby's of Belchamp and Bocking and wondered of a connection. I'm not sure if the James baptised in 1730 at Bocking stayed in the parish as there is one married there to Elizabeth in 1751, or if it could be my James. Any thoughts?

(James & Margaret in Castle Hedingham had the following children: Ann, Sarah, Hannah, James, Mehetabel, Hannah Jemima, William, Rebekah, Mary and Alice. John & Sarah had: Sarah, Rebekah, Elizabeth, Mary & Martha).
Adams; Baylis; Bartlett; Bowyer; Brant; Bull; Carrick; Childs; Darby; Diamond; Dowling; Driver; Elford; Elliott; Fallows; Farmer; Gibbons; Ginger; Gregory; Hennessey; Kirtland; Lakin; Langley; MacCarthy; Manwaring; Miller; Morgan; Morris; Payne; Reardon; Robinson; Rose; Ruddell-Todd; Smith; Sullivan; Stephenson; Stevens; Todd; Trend; Webber; Wetton; Wood; Woodings; Wrathall.

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 September 15 06:52 BST (UK) »
Wills at Essex Record Office.
*James Digby of Castle Hedingham, occupation Miller dated 1797.
Wife Ann, sons Benjamin, Joseph, Edmund(could be Edward) Samuel and daughters Mary and Hannah. Admin by son James Digby. He must have already received his share as he is to be executor and distribute funds equally between other sons and daughters.
* William Digby of Belchamp Walter, occupation Carpenter, dated 1695 sons James and William, and daughter Mary Bibrasse. Both sons James and William has a son named William. Have to read it carefully as it switches back and forth as to which grandson by the name of William he is referring to. 

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 September 15 23:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have seen reference to that 1797 will before but suspect it is for James junior, son of James and Margaret. I may need to get it anyway just to have a proper look. I do know junior had sons Joseph, Edward and Samuel.

Still difficult to get any positive leads on the origins of James and John in Castle Hedingham. Maybe they will link up with the Belchamp group at some point.

Adams; Baylis; Bartlett; Bowyer; Brant; Bull; Carrick; Childs; Darby; Diamond; Dowling; Driver; Elford; Elliott; Fallows; Farmer; Gibbons; Ginger; Gregory; Hennessey; Kirtland; Lakin; Langley; MacCarthy; Manwaring; Miller; Morgan; Morris; Payne; Reardon; Robinson; Rose; Ruddell-Todd; Smith; Sullivan; Stephenson; Stevens; Todd; Trend; Webber; Wetton; Wood; Woodings; Wrathall.