Author Topic: Michael Quinn, aka Leslie Wolfe  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Matt R

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Michael Quinn, aka Leslie Wolfe
« on: Tuesday 18 February 14 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello chatters,

After a bit of inquiring to a relative or two of mine, I've found that one of my great, great grandfather's brothers, allegedly named Michael Quinn, was a singer in Scotland who went under the alias of Leslie Wolfe. I don't know much about him other than that apart from if it was Michael Quinn, he would have been born in 1873 in Kirknewton and East Calder, lived in Fife around 1911 and was in the Bellshill area at the time of his death in 1923. His marriage certificate in 1913 states he was a cinemagraph assistant manager, living in Broxburn so it appears he was moving about a bit.

Now, here's the tricky bit, as I am trying to confirm whether or not Michael Quinn was indeed Leslie Wolfe. Does anybody know how I may go about tracing this man? I've looked briefly in the British Newspaper Archive and found nothing really,  save a mention of a Leslie Wolfe, Baritone, which was dated 1929, six years after my supposed man died.

I'd appreciate any help on this please, where possible. When it comes to researching supposed stage ancestors I haven't got any experience at all and so I am relying on the generosity of Rootschatters to help me along the way!

Looking forward to the responses!

Regards,

Matt.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Quinn, aka Leslie Wolfe
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi

and was in the Bellshill area at the time of his death in 1923.

Any clues on his death cert?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Matt R

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Quinn, aka Leslie Wolfe
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole,

Michael's death certificate says that his occupation was "Electric Crane Driver."

Regards,

Matt.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk